1.7.5 Smells Like Codependence

"It's my neck again," Calum winces into the phone, hunched and stiff, "I can barely move it."

Sam listens in half-heartedly, munching on a banana and leaning against the kitchen wall as Corey busies himself around his and Calum's apartment.

"Do you want the periwinkle or the apricot?" Corey asks loudly, coming right up to Calum with a couple of shirts on hangers.

"Shhhh!" Calum holds his hand over his phone trying to block out Corey's voice and hunches even more as if that will help convince his boss at the other end about his severe injury that needs a few days to recover.

"I think the apricot goes better with your eyes," Corey stage whispers loudly, waving the shirt at him.

Ignoring him Calum tries to carry on with his conversation, "Yeah, I think it'll be better in a couple of days. Oh don't worry, I already plan on seeing my chiropractor."

Corey snorts as he folds the apricot shirt and looks over to see Calum unfurl himself as he finishes the call, heaving a sigh of relief that it's over.

"You know what grows when you lie?" Sam asks.

"Too bad it's your nose," comments Corey.

"I'm entitled to a couple of personal days," Calum mumbles to himself, looking through what Corey is packing for him, having taken it upon himself to help Calum out.

"Calum, you're entitled to a personal life!" Sam exclaims, turning to put the banana skin in the bin.

"Have you got everything?" Corey fusses.

"Five pairs of jeans, seven shirts, four jumpers and ten tee's."

"How long are you going for?" Sam asks, wondering when the little trip turned into a much longer holiday.

"The weekend," Calum confirms.

"Alright," Sam strides over to the table where they're packing, it's time to take control back from both of them. "One change of undies, pack of condoms and a tube of lube. There you're all set," He says handing the items to Calum one by one, making Corey snort and giggle.

"I remember when my Mum took me to Newcastle and I got sick on too much shellfish," Calum starts making excuses.

"Listen to him, he's got cold feet already."

"I've not getting cold feet!" protests Calum, "I just don't know what you do for a whole weekend!"

"Well let's see, first you arrive..." Corey starts off.

"You fuck," Sam adds.

"Then you unpack..." Corey carries on undaunted.

"You fuck," Sam adds again.

"And then you go berry picking..." Corey finishes with a big smile.

Sam gives him a withering look, "And you fuck," He ends.

"I mean after you fuck!" Calum cries, he knows how to fuck for fucks sake.

"You talk!" Corey tells him exasperatedly, "You get to know each other!"

"What if I run out of things to say? What if I say some stupid remark and he says 'Why am I up here with this jerk?!' What if..."

"Hey! Hey! Would you please stop worrying?!"

"I just want him to like me," Calum mutters.

"He already does. He more than likes you," Sam says softly, making Calum look at him seriously and making tears prick in Corey's eyes. He hasn't forgotten how Sam feels about Calum and him encouraging Calum to go away with Stephen makes Corey emotional.