1.16.7 French Fried

"it's been a long week!" Stephen calls out tiredly from the bathroom where he's been brushing his teeth. "I'm really looking forward to taking some time off!"

Sitting down on the side of their bed he doesn't notice Calum slipping a travel brochure on France into his bedside drawer that he's been reading whilst Stephen had been dawdling downstairs. "I have a patient at seven thirty tomorrow," he tells Calum, switching the light off and rolling over away from him to get comfy.

"Stephen?"

There's a pause before Calum gets an answer, "Yes?"

"Do you think I'm selfish?"

Stephen turns his head to look in Calum's direction, "You? What kind of question is that?"

"I mean, not taking you up on your generosity? Like going on this trip..." Calum says quietly, his fingers nervously plucking the duvet lying over him.

Stephen rolls over to fully face him in the semi-darkness, "Calum, I've already told you...all I want to do is to make you happy."

"Yeah but what about you? What would make you happy?"

"What you make me happy? Seeing you see Paris for the first time. Sailing down the Seine to the Baton Rouge. Having the best meals of our lives. Seeing your eyes light up when you find some neat little toy in a flea market, that would make me happy."

Stephen voice cracks a little as Calum runs his knuckles down the back of Stephen's arm, "That would make me very happy," he says, looking at Calum's somber face, wondering where this conversation is going.

"I want to make you happy..." Calum whispers, looking up at him with lust filled eyes.

"Are you saying you want to go?"

Calum smiles shyly, "Well, since you already went ahead and made the plans and everything! Just...promise me you'll let me pay for something every once in a while!"

"I'll let you pay for the baguettes!" Stephen drops a long kiss on the crease of Calum's armpit, before looking up at Calum through hooded eyes, "What do you say we practice our French?!"

Hoisting himself over his lover, Stephen kisses him deeply on the lips before moving down his body, kicking the duvet off both of them as he goes.

~~~

"This is a good one..."

"I like this one too."

Henri smiles at the photo Geordie is holding up for him to see, "We do make a handsome family, non? We should put this one in a frame, maybe instead of this one?" He shows Geordie the current framed photo of Michael and Gus taken by Calum on the night Gus had arrived.

"Michael, he's very beautiful..." Henri says, looking from the photo to Geordie.

"Lots of guys would agree with you!"

"Especially his lips, they're quite kissable yes?" Henri peers at Michael's lips in the photo.

"No," Geordie says firmly, taking the frame off Henri. The last thing she needs is Henri falling for Michael.

"You needn't worry, I can tell he doesn't like me! And also Maddie and all your other friends..."

"It's not you they don't like," Geordie assures him. "It's what we're doing... but it's not their decision!"

"Well, you are a wonderful person. No, no, no it's true!" Henri adds when he sees that she doesn't believe him. "If it wasn't for you I would have to leave Australia. Now I will be able to stay..." He smiles his gratitude.