1.13.5 Very Stupid People

"You hooked Corey up with Lex Dean?!!!" Michael asks over the music and Luke's head, wondering if he's heard right.

Both Sam and Calum nod, grinning at their idea. "I wish I could have been there to see his face!" Calum tells them. "Can you imagine when he opened the door?!"

"Lex Dean's supposed to have a twelve inch dick!" Luke exclaims.

"How do you know who Lex Dean is?!"

Luke looks less than impressed at Calum, "Everyone knows who the man-rammer is!"

"Even school boys?!"

"Of course! That's part of the curriculum! Gay porn stars 101!" Sam quips.

"And here's the first lesson; those that can, do. And those that can't...watch porn. See you later boys!" Michael walks off after a particularly hot guy who's just walked past and who he hasn't seen before.

~~~

"Hey Michael! You want to dance?" Asks a familiar voice behind him as Michael loses sight of the guy in the darkness of Arq's back room.

"I don't think so," Michael's dismissive, turning to look at Tom who's half naked and very obviously stoned from the look of his eyes and the slurring of his words.

"We're not in the office now, let's get down!"

"I'm busy," Michael says curtly, turning away but not before looking Tom up and down. He's decidedly unattractive like this, why did he ever fuck him? He looks so much better in a well cut suit. "Or at least I was..." he says, realising that he's never going to find the guy now. "What do you want?!" He asks as Tom's hand clutches at his arm.

"Couple of lines?.."

"You shouldn't let senior management know that!"

"I'm celebrating! Tonight's a special occasion!"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, James got the promotion! You know the one you wouldn't recommend me for?" Tom lurches slightly as he glares at Michael.

"Look, I told you..."

"You owed it to me!"

"Why?! Because I fucked you?!" Michael says condescendingly. "I have news for you, you weren't that good."

Tom's face takes on a look of fury and he chases after Michael through the corridors of Arq's back rooms. "I'm gay...you're gay!" He spits in Michael's face after grabbing at his arm, stopping him in his tracks.

"We're all gay!" Michael tells him expansively before he brings himself down to Tom's height, looking him straight in the eyes. "Do you think that means I owe you some favour?" He barks in his face.

"How else are we supposed to get ahead if we don't help each other?"

God help him, the guy seems serious. Michael holds back a laugh. How the fuck does anyone get ahead? Certainly not by fucking your way to the top. Michael's patience runs out and it's clear on his face that he has no time for whingers, gay or otherwise.

"The same way that I did, by helping yourself! And by doing your job better than anyone else. If you can do that then trust me, they won't give a shit where you stick your dick. And don't mix those pills with booze...there I did you a favour!"

~~~

"Where the hell are you?!" Sam shouts into his phone before cutting the call off. "That must be the fourth message I've left him!"