1.12.6 Move It or Lose It

"Okay, I got your message and I ran all the way here, what's the emergency?!" Sam asks Maddie, sweaty faced and panting as he breathes heavily leaning against her front door frame.

"Him!" She says in a hard whisper, nearing spitting, as she talks she's that mad, and points inside towards the living room, her eyes blazing. "He's here every day now, showing up for meals, we're all of a sudden one big happy fucking family!"

As Sam peers around the front door, he catches a glimpse of Michael sitting on their living room floor talking to Geordie who still seems to be in her dressing gown.

.

.

.

"Well I don't know," Michael says out of earshot of the front door, "I sense some tension between you and Mads."

"Well, she blames me for everything, including you..." Geordie discloses, playing with the ties of her pink fluffy dressing down, as Michael lies down next to Gus on the floor, playing with the bondage bear he got him recently. Michael huffs dismissively, looking away.

"You should have kept your promise to give her Gus..." Geordie continues.

"If she wants a kid she can have one of her own," Michael replies, smiling at Gus as he kicks his legs in the air.

"No she can't. Gus was supposed to be hers and mine," Geordie tells him gently, trying to catch Michael's eye. "Not yours and mine..."

Michael chews his chewing gum slowly.

.

.

.

"Well Geordie's always complaining that he doesn't spend enough time with Gus," Sam says, still standing on their front door step, not quite understanding Maddie's problem.

"Oh you're a big help!" Maddie exclaims sarcastically. "Can't you do something?!"

"Like what?!"

"Like get him and Calum back together so he will leave us alone?"

"Are you kidding?! Even mention Calum's name and he'll tear your head off!"

"Well that's what I'm about to do to him," Maddie hisses.

.

.

.

"She also thinks that I've turned into this cold unresponsive bitch," Geordie tells Michael, taking a drink of fresh orange juice, wondering where everything went wrong.

"Have you?" Michael asks, looking up at her.

Geordie takes a long look at him, he always has this knack of getting to the crux of every problem by asking the difficult questions that other people can't or won't ask.

"Maybe a little," She admits.

"Well, why don't you find yourself some nice fuzzy lezzy with a therapists licence and work it out?" He suggests.

"That's what Maddie wants."

"What do you want?"

Geordie struggles with her answer, starting and stopping several times before clearing her throat and reaching for a plate on the table, "I want a bagel and after that I don't know. All I know is that if I talk I may say something I regret."

Michael looks at her steadily, he's known Geordie too well and too long to let her off the hook. "It might be good for you," He says eventually. "Let out some of those nasty demons?"