1.8.5 Arq-ing Boomerang

"Dave! Listen to me! Get away from that door!" Joy orders as Dave plasters himself like a wet octopus to their front door, barring the way for his sister to get through.

"Get out of those clothes and back in your dressing gown," He fires back at her, dressed as she is in her Diner uniform, complete with red wig and pin badges everywhere.

"If I have to watch Karl Stefanovich laughing at one more inane thing I'm going to kill myself!" She counters, knowing that Dave hates his laughter as much as she does.

"SBS has a Joan Crawford season all week..." Dave leaves the tempting offer hanging in the air between them, also knowing that Joy wouldn't miss any of her films usually.

"Nobody's that gay. I've got to go to work, they need me!" She says, before ducking under her brothers arm as he's leading her back into the lounge and running towards the front door.

"And you need to rest your arse!" He cries, wrestling with her in the hall.

"Hi honey! What are you doing here?" Joy greets Calum, coming to an abrupt halt, Dave still hanging off her arm.

Calum takes in the scene in one glance, "Uncle Dave asked me to bring some rope to tie you down," he deadpans.

"Kinky," She says, knowing she's defeated. She may get past Dave but not Calum and certainly not the two of them. "You want some eggs? You're getting eggs. I've got to do something with my hands!"

Calum follows her bustling figure into the kitchen, "I want you to stand still and listen to me."

"You want tomatoes with those?"

"Mum! Listen to me! I have something to tell you. I'm up for a promotion at work."

Joy's whole face changes as she swivels on the spot towards him, "Sweetie that's great!" she exclaims.

"I don't have it yet and I may not get it but either way I'm making some changes."

"You're not going straight are you?"

"Dave shush!"

"I know how hard you work, you always have, taking care of me all by yourself with nobody to help you. And I've never done anything for you."

"That is not true!"

"Now it's my turn to take care of you and I will, I swear."

Joy smiles, putting her hand up and stroking Calum's cheek, "Baby you don't need to take care of me. You already do so much."

"Well I want to do more. Now will you stay home and try and get a little rest?" he asks, giving her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek as he been bids them both goodbye.

"He's my hero," Joy chokes out to Dave as she watches Calum leave their house.

~~~

"Gus approves," Geordie comments as her son lets out a little giggle when she and Michael approach the black Jeep in the showroom.

"Yeah, he's not bad," Michael replies, looking at the guy browsing the car next to them.

"Of the car? He thinks it's just you. I bet Luke will like it too, driving around with his sugar daddy!"

"I am not his sugar daddy and would you please leave him out of this?"

"Wow, beautiful baby! He looks just like you!" The salesman arrives by Michael's side, looking from Gus to Michael to Geordie.

"Thank you! So do our five others. I'm going to go change him honey." She says in a sickly sweet voice making Michael grin to himself.

"You do that sweetie," He tells her, playing along and giving her a kiss for good measure.