1.11.4 Surprise!

"Hi, we're here and ready to go to Arq!" Calum says enthusiastically when Michael opens his front door just enough that he can see who it is.

Michael looks at Corey and Sam standing behind Calum with a stony expression, extremely unimpressed. "Arseholes. You told him," he says disparagingly, sliding the door fully open with a shove and dragging Calum in to the darkened room by his shoulders.

"SURPRISE!!!"

The lights switch on and Calum is surrounded by friends and family all shouting and yelling various forms of Congratulations at him. He's genuinely shocked by the sheer amount of people, most of which are unfamiliar to him, and by the change in Michael's apartment.

There are strings upon strings upon strings of fairy lights, in fact the whole place is lit by them and by what must be hundreds of candles grouped together throughout the apartment. On one wall, covering Michael's floor to ceiling windows, are two vertical banners, printed tastefully in black and white, one with a full length photo of Calum's face, the other with a selection of smaller photos of Calum with his closest friends.

The ceiling is covered in pearlescent white balloons that went up from everyone's hands the minute the lights went on, and music blasts from Michael's hidden speakers.

"Who are all these people?!" Calum asks, astounded.

"Well, if I invited just your friends there'd be like six people here. I had to open it up to sex partners..."

"But I haven't slept with any of these people!" Calum says, looking around the room.

"My sex partners," Michael clarifies. "Happy Birthday CalPal..." Kissing Calum full on the mouth in a loving kiss he lets him go so that all their friends and his family can greet him.

"Exactly thirty years ago my legs were..."

"MUM NO!" Calum cuts her off to everyone's laughter but then he spots someone coming towards him, who's having to duck under the more low lying fairy lights. "Wow, this really is a surprise party!" He says, slightly shocked to see Stephen smiling at him.

"Hi," Stephen says, a little bashfully. He still isn't sure if this is a good idea but since he'd bought Calum's present a few weeks ago and can't take it back... "Here," He gives the beautifully wrapped box to Luke to put with the other presents.

"Thirty huh?" He asks, powerless to tear his eyes off Calum.

"Yeah..."

"Happy Birthday," Stephen smiles before kissing Calum on the cheek. Then, taking Calum's face in his hands he gives him a soft meaningful slow kiss on his lips that leaves Calum melting in a puddle.

"Come on CalPal, you've got presents to open..." Michael's unable to help himself as he wakes him up from his kissing stupor before dragging him off across the floor. Calum looks back a little confused at Stephen as he allows himself to be taken away.

~~~

"Margarita, no salt!" Maddie orders, handing her glass to Luke who's helping with bar tending.

"Coming right up!"

"Hey how do you know how to mix drinks?" She asks, a grin on her face.

"I'm from the gentile country club set," Luke tells her, grinning back.

"Okay everyone it's time for Calum to open his presents!" Michael calls over the music.

Calum has a huge smile on his face as he chooses the largest present there, pulling the box open. "Oh my god! An Easy Bake Oven!" He cries, looking round. "I always wanted one of those!"