94. Something More with Matthew Espinosa

Requested by: @Matts_baeee

"Strike! In your face Matthew Lee, I win again!"

Matthew had invited you to go bowling with him. You were currently crushing him.

"Why are you always so competitive with me, Mikayla?" Matt pretended to pout.

"That's what best friends do! Even though I always win you still love me so it's a win, win situation." you said back.

"You're lucky that I do love you." Matt said as he pulled you into a hug. "Let's go get some food."

Matthew had driven you to your favourite fast food place even though he hated the food there.

"Aw, you're so sweet Matthew Lee!" you leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Can I ask you something? Why do you call me Matthew Lee?" he asked.

"I don't know. It's cute and I like that I'm the only person that calls you that. It makes me feel special." you shrugged.

"Well, you should feel special because you are special."

"See, this is why I love you. You are a great best friend to have."

After, you ordered your food and Matt insisted on paying for it. As you sat in the empty restaurant eating your fries, you could tell that Matt's demeanour had changed.

"What's wrong?" you asked him.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Matthew Lee Espinosa, I am your best friend and I know when you are upset." you stated.

"And that's the problem, Mikayla!" Matt replied.

"What are you talking about?" you were completely confused.

"It upsets me that you are my best friend. I want something more and I know that you don't feel the same way. Mikayla, when I say that I love you, I really mean it. It just sucks that you don't."

"But, I do mean it." His face quickly lit up. " I have always meant it. I have had a crush on you ever since the fourth grade. This whole time I thought that you weren't interested in me. And believe me, when I say I love you, I fucking mean it."

"Wow. I never knew you would actually feel this way back. I thought you would give me one of those 'I just want to be friends' speeches and then we would never speak again."

You chuckled, "you really should have more faith in me."

"So, Mikayla, will you like to be my something more? Perhaps, my girlfriend and super awesome best friend." Matt questioned.

"I thought I was already your super awesome best friend?" He smiled widely. 

"And as far as being your girlfriend, I thought you would never ask." It was now your turn to smile widely.

He leaned in and you sealed the night with a kiss.

By: Akaylah