Chapter 15

That Saturday at 5:00, Radrika comes over. No, she didn't come at 2:00. I guess she finally took it as a joke. I open the door and see her. She has two bags. One full of make-up, and the other filled with clothes.

"Really? You're letting me wear your clothes?" I ask. I swear, I'm not wearing her clothes. Not because I don't want to wear them after her, but because I want to wear my own. I get the make-up though. I can't do make-up. I barely own make-up.

We head upstairs and into my room. Radrika opens my closet and looks through my dresses. I sign, and think: she should've come at 2:00. She picked out three of my dresses and three of hers.

"Pick the dress you like best from my closet and from yours." Radrika says. I point to a dress from Radrika's closet. It was a more fancy dress. It was a sleeveless ombré color dress with white and black flowers on it. The flowers were a bigger size. It also has a black belt around the waist.

Radrika put away the other two dresses back in the bag. I point to one of my dresses. It was also a sleeveless dress. It was black with yellow and light green flowers on it. But the flowers are smaller and there were more of them. It was also less fancy. It's a lot more appropriate for the date.

Radrika put the other two of mine back in the closet. Then she holds up the two that I picked. Radrika's dress is too fancy and I don't know if I even like it. But my dress is appropriate for the date, and I know it's comfortable. I point to it and Radrika puts her dress in the bag.

"Put it on." She says.

"Ok. You're gonna have to leave." I say. I need my privacy. I put the dress on and look in the mirror. Ooh! Girl! Looking good! I was already ready. I let Radrika come back in, and she grabbed some black flats from my closet, and a jean jacket. I totally forgot those were in there. I put them both on and say in my chair for Radrika to do my make-up. By the way, she's really talented with it. I can trust her. At least most of the time. What I mean is that I can't trust her nor anyone with eyeliner and mascara. It always ends up bad.

Radrika put the foundation and concealer on. Then she moved onto the eye shadow. It was a purples browny color. Then I put on some lip gloss. By myself.

I skip dinner, because I didn't want to mess up my make-up. And I also thought we were going to eat stuff there at the festival.

The time is now 6:55. He should be here in five minutes. We're waiting by the front window. Radrika stands up.

"I'm gonna go. It was nice getting you ready." She says. We give each other thumbs up. She grabs her bags and leave. I wave goodbye to her and close the door. I sit by the window again and wait for my date to arrive.

Five minutes pass by, and Edward arrives in his red Jeep. I throw my hands in the air with excitement. I wait by the door and wait for the doorbell. I see him come out of his car, and he was wearing a red sweatshirt with black pants and black converse shoes. I should have dressed more casual. Too late. I wait for the doorbell.

He rings it and I quickly open the door a half second later. "Hi!" I say in an excited voice.

"I mean," I correct myself in a more...I guess less excited voice, "hi."

"Hey." He says back and waves. He has the same cute smile. He's so adorable!

"You ready?" He asks. I don't answer and walk out and close the door.

"I'll take that as a yes." I nod my head and we head down to the car. I sit in the passenger seat that I've sat in many times before. Oh my goodness! We are going on a date! Is this a date? Am I his girlfriend now?

Edward put on the radio. He turns on Bluetooth. He puts on some Bruno Mars. Specifically, Locked Out Of Heaven. Love that one. When it got to the chorus, I couldn't handle myself. I stared rocking out. I clapped to every beat, and started lip sinking. Edward looked at me, then back on the road and he repeats. He laughs at me, because of how ridiculous I can be. If I were him, I would roll my eyes.

The next song after that was Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots. Edward jumps in his seat a little bit because of excitement. I raise one eyebrow.

He turns it up and- oh my lord. He starts to rap. He is pretty good though. Wow. I am impressed! This is jaw dropping. It's one of those things where you need to be there to understand. I would never expect Edward to rap. It seems like a talent of his. I join with him at the chorus, then stop when it goes back to rapping. We arrive at the festival a few minutes later. Edward looks for a parking spot. We go up and down each row.

I spot one and yell, "There!" Gotta get that parking spot. Edward immediately stops the car, and backs up into the spot. He stops the car and we get out.

It was already getting dark. The sky was a beautiful pink, orange, and yellow perfectly mixed together to make an amazing sight.

We walk in and start with some games. This is gonna be fun.