Chapter 37

The following Wednesday, Aria was wearing her JROTC uniform. That's means she did her hair. And she spent time on it. So she'll get mad if someone touches it. I run to her locker.

"You alright?" I ask only because she was looking down AND about what happened at the party. It wasn't even a big deal. Whatever. No answer. But I got a look. A bad one too. "What can I do to make you talk?"She looks up again with the same face and stares for a long time. A LONG time.

"Binch." She whispers under her breath. She spoke! Wait...

"What'd you just call me?" I ask and cross my arms.

"A binch." She says and I gasp.

"You did not!" I squint my eyes, "you're a binch too!"

"We're all binches here!" Radrika comes in and puts her arm around Aria.

"I swear, if you touch my hair I'll get so mad!" What did I say? She hates it when people touch her hair when she actually spends time on it. To piss her off, I slowly reach to touch it. I'm not gonna actually do it.

She smacks my hand out of the way and, "DOOOONNN'TTTT!!!" She screeches. We all start laughing our butts off.

"Haha!!! You sounded like a duck that's getting raped!" I said that louder than I wanted. I get some looks from all around. Mostly confused faces.

"You asshole!" She says.

"That's what friends do!" I mock her from the fight. She makes this face that makes me stop laughing. But then she looks away and I continue. I look at Radrika.

"How was the party?" She asks. "Well, other than what happened at the end. Aria told me." Oh ok. Let's hope she told her the truth. Never mind. Aria wouldn't lie like that. Because that's what friends do!

"It was fine. We had some chicken fights." I start laughing. So does she.

"And she squawked like a chicken!" Edward joins the conversation. Radrika laughs harder. Oh my god. He better leave or Aria will get pissed.

"I can totally see you doing that!" She starts snorting. I've never seen that laugh come out before.

Edward laughs along. "Bye, chicken." He softly punches my arm and walks away. I watch him.

"He had a good time. You know, acting like me when it comes to making fun of you." She says and makes that suspicious laugh. Like she's gonna do something.

"Ok. I'm ready now." She still looks pretty sad. "She also squealed like a pig." Radrika just loses it there. She almost falls over. Or almost passed out. Well I guess Aria isn't totally sad. We come around the corner and that's when we split.

"Bye guys." I say and wave.

"Bye!" They both say. I turn around to get to my calculus class. I walk to the end of the hall and walk around the corner. Raegan steps right in front of me. Woah.

"Better hurry up to class." She says.

"That's where I'm going. It's just right there-" she interrupts me.

"What was happening that's gonna make you late?"

"Psh. You." I raise my eyebrows.

"Whatever." She crosses her arms and walks away. Ha! I win! Score Ashlyn! I prance down to my calculus class and sit down in my chair. The bell rings. Barely made it. Thomas turns around.

"You were almost late, Davis." He tilts his head forward and raises his eyebrows.

"I know. Do you think I'm stupid?" I ask.