Chapter 41 - THE FINAL CHAPTER

I'll see you guys there!

I sent the text to The Binches group chat. We're going to Starbucks for some coffee. I'm planning on telling them about...you know. The tea. Aria and Radrika both send:

See ya!

I turn my phone off and continue to look out my bedroom window. I heard birds chirping, they sounded very happy. I get up from sitting in front of my window, and head down the stairs. I grab my keys, and my little bag, and head out to the garage. I leave the house without telling my parents where I'm going. Oh wait. They're not even home. Ha. I sit into the car, and put the keys into the ignition. Probably should tell them though.

********

"I'd like a caramel macchiato." Radrika says in front of the cash register. She has a hand on the counter, and looks at the menu the whole time. No eye contact.

"Is that it for you?" The woman asks.

"That's it, thank you." She says, shyly.

"Alright," She looks at me, "and you ma'am?" She asks.

"I'll have a..." I pause to think. It's a very hard decision. Don't pressure me. "I'll have a vanilla bean frappuccino."

"And...is that it?" She asks after selecting the order in the magic-electronic-thing.

"No!" Aria puts her head in between Radrika and I. "And an iced coffee." She almost forgets the magic word. "Please."

"Ok. Your total is $30.00." She says.

"I'll get it." Radrika says as she pulls three ten's out of her wallet.

"Thank you." The woman says.

"You guys may take a seat while your order is getting ready." The woman says with a smile.

"Thank you." Aria says. We walk slowly towards a table. I walk faster to the one next to the window. I like sitting at the window. I sit down in the chair, long before Radrika and Aria. They sit down.

"So." Aria puts her hands together on the table. "How did the thing with Edward go?" She asks and looks at me. I open my mouth to say one thing, but don't, and close it.

"It was fine." I say and laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Aria asks, while laughing.

"Well..." I pause, "some things that happened were...different." I smile.

Radrika gasps. "Just tell us the story." We laugh.

"Ok. I was walking down the hall, more like running, and it takes me, like, an hour to open the door. And when I finally do, I go through it and close it. And I sit next to him. And we talk. And, you know what happens next?" I look at them and wait for them to answer.

"W-What?" They both ask, getting into the conversation.

"An-and we..." I stop for a minute. It's weird saying things like that. "And we kissed." They raise their eyebrows.

"Wow." Radrika says, surprised. "I was not expecting that!"

"Yup. Me neither." I shrug my shoulders.

"Oh. So he kissed you." Aria points at me. We all laugh.

"I won't lie. It wasn't just him." I say.

"Ooo. So you were getting into it?" Radrika raises her eyebrows several times. Why?

"Oh my gosh. Stop." We all laugh. For a minute, it was quiet. Well, quiet at our table. I looked out the window, and watched the cars pass by. It's kind of cloudy outside. And the clouds are darker than usual. I hope it doesn't rain for too long. I hate the rain. The weather can sometimes determine my mood. If it's raining, I'll feel sad or angry. Sometimes, for no reason. I look back at Radrika and Aria, then at the table.