Chapter 17

Edward and I leave the festival and go to his car. I open the passenger door and jump in. Edward puts in the keys and backs out. We drive out to Patricia Allyn Park to see the movie.

"What movie are we gonna watch?" I ask.

"The Fault In Our Stars." He says. Oh my lord! I've wanted to see that movie since it came out!

"Cool! Now I'm excited," I say, "not saying that I wouldn't be excited if any other movie. I've been exited, but it's even better now." I smile at him and he laughs.  I laugh too. We get to the park and I can already see the big screen. We drive into a slot to park our car. It's now 8:10, so the movie's going to start in five minutes.

We get out of the car and grab some blankets and pillows that Edward packed before he left. We then hop on the car and put down the pillows and blankets.

Edward had this convenient giant piece of plastic that came up from the car and that is used as a backboard, so we can lean on it. I sit on the top of the car and put a pillow against the backboard. I lay against it and put a blanket over myself. Edward does the same.

"Is there anything I can get you to eat?" he asks me. I'm seriously in the mood for some popcorn. Nice and buttery.

"Some buttery popcorn sounds good." I say.

"Ok. That'll be ready in a bit." he says in a silly voice.

"Sounds good." I say and give a thumbs up. He gets off the car to go get the popcorn. I pull out my phone and I got probably about 50 messages from Aria. Good thing my phone had the ringer off the whole time. They said stuff like: "You never told me you were going on a date with Edward!!" and, "How's the date?" I open the messages and text back: "It's going well. Now stop so we can watch a movie." A few seconds later after I send the text, she sends back an "Ok," with a thumbs up emoji.

The movie started playing and I put my phone in my pocket, then making sure it was still silent. I was and I put the blanket over my shoulders.

Edward comes about a minute into the movie with the popcorn. He passes the bowl up to me and he climbs up. I start to eat away. Edward sits down next to me and puts his blanket over him. I put the bowl of popcorn in between us.

********

The movie was amazing, and so was the popcorn. I tried so hard not to cry. I can't cry in front of Edward. That's just embarrassing. When the movie was over, everyone started clapping, so then I clapped along, and cheered as well. So did Edward. We were both so tired. I look at my phone. It's now 10:30.

We both get up and fold the blankets and grab the pillows. I jump off the car, and fall into the dirt. I just lay, like my life would end right there. I sigh and stand back up. There's dirt all over my leg. Oh well. I go to the trunk and meet there with Edward. I help put the blankets and pillows back. He closes the trunk and sees the dirt on my leg.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I fell," I say, "just now."

"You wanna clean it up?" He asks.

"Now?" I ask. I'd like to, but I need to get home. It's passed my curfew.

"If you want." He says with a charming smile. "If you need to go, I don't mind you getting in the car like that." He lays against the car by his shoulder.

"I'll just go home. My parent are probably waiting for me." I say in the least rushing way possible.

"Ok." Edward says. We head into the car and he drives out. As we drive down the road, I slowly start to pass out. I close my eyes, then open, then close them again, and open, and repeat.

When we get to my house, I unbuckle my seatbelt, and open the door. Before I close it, I speak to Edward.

"I had fun tonight," I say, "thanks for taking me out of the house."

"No problem," He says, "anytime." He smiles and I smile back. He's so cute.

"Good night, dork." He says and laughs. I laugh too.

"Night," I say and try to come up with a nickname, "nerd." I raise my eyebrows and smile to show a I just burned you face. He opens his mouth and makes a excuse me? face. We both then smile and laugh.

"Bye." I say as I shut the car door. I walk up to my house and he watches me go inside.

I need to tell him that I love him. I turn to do it, take in a breath, but then instantly turn back and run inside.

I shut the door and stand there in regret for not saying it.