Chapter 21

All of the sudden, I hear a beep coming from outside. The three of us run to the door and I open it. There stands a black limo. Aria, Radrika, and I look at each other. We all go outside and walk towards the vehicle. All of our dates walk out and walk towards us.

"We're riding in a limo?" I say.

"Why not?" Thomas says, "I did this for you." Oh my lord. He's so adorable! I'm happy I said yes to this fellow!

"Well," He continues, "I did this for all of us." He walks up to me and grabs my hands. I smile at him.

"Shall we go?" He smiles too. He has a very cute smile, I gotta say.

"Let's go." I say. Both Kyle and Noah let out their hands to Radrika and Aria. Both Radrika and Aria look so happy. I like it when they are happy. All six of us walk into the black limo. I sit on the nice leather cushioned seats, and Thomas slides in behind me.

The driver puts on some Charlie Puth. Specifically, We Don't Talk Anymore. It's one of those songs that you listen to when you just want to listen to music. Not saying that it's a bad song, but I always listen to it and don't get bothered, but also don't freak out because it's "awesome." One artist that I truly adore: Bruno Mars. Where you at? Why haven't I met you, Bruno? He is amazing and I really want the driver to put on one of his songs right now.

Suddenly, the driver puts on the limo intercom and says, "If any of y'all wanna request some dope songs. Come up to me and I'll put it on the dope speakers." Is this dude a rapper? What, dawg? I'm just joking. L to the O to the L!!! I need to calm down, and suggest a Bruno song. And I apologize if you don't like Bruno Mars, if you don't, then you can go die in a hole!!! I get up and walk towards the driver.

I say to him, "Can I suggest a song?" He turns his head and says, "Yeah sure, miss."

"Can you do Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars?" Good song for Prom night. Right? Do you agree?

"Sure I can, miss!" Wow! This guy is so positive! I like him. I walk back to my seat, next to Thomas, and wait for the song to come on. I start to lip sync to the song and the limo parks in front of a house. I couldn't clearly see who's house because of the tinted windows, but I guess someone else is coming on. I see someone walk out of the house, and stop lip syncing.

"Someone else is coming on?" I ask Thomas.

"Yeah. I invited them." He says. I look out the window and see who.

"Who?" I ask again.

"You'll see." I hate surprises. At least I hate waiting for them when I know it's a surprise. The door opens and I hear a voice.

"Ladies first." It sounded like...it can't be.

"Thank you, my prince." Another voice. A girls voice. The girl walks in and it is...oh my lord. It might be true. It can't be. It shouldn't be. No way. OH MY GOD!!!!!!

You know who was the girl? Haylee Combs. And you know who her date was? EDWARD MACE!!!!!! So it was true. I give him a dirty look as he and his date walk on.

As soon as he sits down, both Aria and Radrika give me a "it's your arch nemesis" look. Then I give them a "he's not my arch nemesis" look. Then Aria gives me a "you know you want him to be your arch nemesis" look. Then I give her a "stop translating messages through my mind using your facial expressions" look. Then Radrika gives both of us a "stop it, both of you" look.

Then the song came on. Wow. This is awkward. The song Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars came on. Wow. With Edward and his date, this is so awkward.

When Bruno starts singing, I see Edward look at Haylee with a smile. You know, the same way he did with me. I am about to cry. And I am so sorry if you think it's pathetic that I might cry, but this is so heartbreaking.

Then the chorus comes on, and I realize everyone was singing along the whole time. I just didn't notice, because of you know who. I decided to ignore it and sing alone, but I couldn't get my mind off of it. I couldn't stop looking over to him. The sad part was when he looked happy with Haylee.

When the song was over, another stop occurred. This isn't a school bus! What is this?!?! And you know who walked on? Raegan. And her date. Which was Owen, just in case you forgot about her bragging about her and Owen in the prom store.

Anyway, seriously? Now them? Then Reagan sits next to me. Really? I would turn to Thomas and ask why he invited them all, but then that would be a little rude, don't you think? And now the song Imagination by Shawn Mendes was playing. And of course it was a sad song. The first time I heard it, I cried. It just reminds me of me and my love life - sad, depressing, and never works out. Don't think it's pathetic that I cry a lot.

As the song plays, I look at Edward and see that he actually is in love with Haylee. Then see Aria and Radrika. They both look happy with their dates. Then there's me. Thomas is cool and all, but I want Edward. I had to do something.