Chapter 32

"Wow! These look amazing!" Says Mr. France.

"Thanks! We worked SO hard on them!" I smile and stare at Edward, then back at Mr. France.

"Here's your pass to sell these for every lunch period. Take it to all of your teachers classes. Have them sign it, then head down to the cafeteria." He says as he hands each of the three of us a small piece of yellow paper.

"Ok." I say with a cheerful tone. Mr. France moves on to the next group.

"Yay," Haylee says sarcastically, "I can't wait to raise money so we can give it away to children that are dying." Spoiled much? She's so...she's so...so inconsiderate. These are children who have cancer! They could die! I would fight her (like many of the other times I've wanted to), but her boyfriend is right there. Also, her boyfriend is someone who I have feelings for. And I can't believe he likes her.

"Hey!" Edward says, "That's offensive to A LOT of people!" I hate being the third wheel, AND watching them fight. "What if Ashlyn knows somebody else who has cancer? And you hurt her feelings? And what if SHE had cancer?" He turns to me, "IF she had cancer."

"I don't care for her feelings!" Haylee raises her voice, "and I hope she had cancer!" Pause, "I HOPE she had cancer!" She puts emphasis on "hope." She dramatically turns and walks away with her hands in fists. I gasp as she turns.

Edward turns to me, "sorry about her." He scratches the back of his head.

"Why do you like her?" I say. I bring my eyebrows down, and cross my arms.

"Well," He starts, but pauses to think, "she's-"

"Yeah. That's what I thought." I interrupt, "she's inconsiderate, rude, insensitive, and a bitch!" I lower my voice, "you don't deserve someone like her. You're so kind, sweet, charming, adorable, and I lo-"

"Really?" He cuts me off, "am I really like that to you?" I give him a weird look, because I was trying to explain my feelin...never mind.

"Well...I-I-" I start and look at my watch, "I gotta go." I cover the cupcakes and run to my first period, calculus. Run, because the bell's going to ring in about one minute and it's across the building. I look back and see Edward looking at me with his mouth open, and with his hands in his jacket pockets. I turn forward and run into an open door.

"Woah woah woah!" A voice says quickly. "You alright?" I'm lying flat on my back, feeling the pain on my forehead. The human runs around me and pulls me up. He puts me against the wall and waves in front of my face.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" He asks. It's a guy. He holds up two on each hand. My eyes widen to see who it is. Oh my god.

"Four." I say, staring into his eyes. It's Thomas. "Cool." His face reels in. "I really want to kiss you right now." Excuse me? This is the guy who said bad things about my close friend, Radrika. He also tried to get me back earlier this year, but I told him my true feelings - no.

"Ewww." I say and quickly get up, almost falling over.

"Woah there." He says and grabs my hand. He acting like I'm a horse. Do I look like a horse? I don't know. "You want some ice?" He asks.

"No I'm fine." I say and roll my eyes at him. RING! RING! RING! The bell rings. "Oh my lord." I say.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm late to class!" I scream and continue running down the hall.

"But it's right here!" He says. I just realized he's in my class. And he sits in front of me. I suddenly stop and just jog back. When I reach the door, I stop and point a finger gun at Thomas.

"I knew that." I shoot the fake gun and take my seat. Thomas follows me and closes the door.

"That's tardy, Miss Davis." Says Mr. Ferry. I sign and Thomas silently laughs at me. Mr. Ferry is so dumb. I was probably literally thirty seconds late! If I were a teacher, I'd let the kids be late! I'm not...mean. Everyone's looking at me, and as soon as I look over, everyone faces forward. Finally, the announcements come on, and we say the pledge.

********

At the end of class I jump up to get out of there, then Mr. Ferry calls for me.

"Miss Davis!" He starts, "I need to see you. Right now." I quietly sigh and walk up towards his desk. I swallow, and look over and see Thomas standing up against the wall, trying to look cute or something. I look back at Mr. Ferry.

"If this 'being late' thing is going to happen again, I'll have to give you a detention." He says. Excuse me? I thought I had two chances before a detention, not one.

"Also, you need to tell me if you will have to leave the class for something, so I won't count you late. I saw your stuff on your desk." Can I go now?

"Can I have a slip?" I talking about the slip to turn into your next class, so they won't count you late.

"No," he says. "I want you to learn how to get to your classes on time." He turns around with his chin up and sits at his desk. I turn around and Thomas is still there. I make a "bruh" face and walk outside the classroom. He puts his arm around me.

"How ya doin', babe?" He asks.

"Calm down." I say as I remove his arm from my shoulders.

" I was wondering-"

"No." I interrupt him thinking he was going to ask me out again.

"No! I was just gonna ask you if you wanted to," here we go, "come to my pool party this Saturday?" What? Oof. "It'll be really fun. I'm inviting all my guy friends and you can bring Radrika and Aria. I'm also inviting Edward."

"Cool. I'll ask them." Sounds like a fun party. Not really. But Edward is going, so someone will stand up for me if something happens.