Chapter 34

That Friday, we were done selling the cupcakes. We raised about $500! I thought it would've been less! But we weren't the only group. There where some other seniors selling cookies. I would've went to see what cookies they were and what they looked like, but I had to sell my own treats. If they sold all their cookies, then it'll all add up to $1,000! That's a lot! Yay! I feel so happy! All these children will be so happy!

I wake up and open my phone to ask Radrika and Aria about Saturday. I send the message in "The Binches" group chat saying:

Do at least one of y'all wanna come with me to a pool party? It's at Thomas' and I would gladly have you guys come with me. I'd be the only girl if y'all didn't.

Shortly after sending the text, Aria responds with:

Sure. But I'm only doing this 4 u.

And Radrika:

Fine. But you better not pull me into things like spin the bottle. You said it'll be just guys other than us.

She's got a point. I agree and send:

Ok. I wouldn't pull myself into that either ;)

Yes, I use the winking face. Aria says back:

Yeah. Same ;)

I send a laughing face emoji and Radrika says:

Do you guys always have to make me feel like I'm the third one?

Silence filled the group chat. I send:

See you guys at the school!

Then Aria says:

See ya.

Radrika doesn't respond. Don't you love it when you know your friend is pissed off? And don't you love it if you find out they're pissed because of you? Oh boy! It's great! I drive to school and listen to some Katy Perry. Her songs are so good. Love her. Anyway, I go up the stairs to my locker and get ready for first period.

"Hey, baby." Thomas lays up against the lockers and poses. "You coming tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, "and Radrika and Aria are coming too."

"What you gonna wear?" He asks, "a bikini?" I don't do that.

"No. I'll be wearing a one piece. Does that unsatisfying you?" I say.

"N - no! I think that's better!" He smiles, "I find it interesting when girls don't wear bikinis."

"Really?" I know he's lying. Well, I've decided - it's kinda obvious - but he's not gay!

"See ya in calculus, babe." He's so dumb. It makes me laugh. No wonder he's single. All the girls just laugh at him. But who could blame them? They're right.

"What even was that?" Aria and Radrika come from the corner.

"We're going to his party?" Radrika asks.
i
"I heard the whole thing. Are you guys a thing?" Aria asks.

"So many questions! So many for this small soul." I say. "But we're not. Not!" I point my finger. I close my locker and walk down the hall with them.

"Wait, so why are we going to this pool party again?" Aria asks.

"Thomas told me Edward was going. And I just assume Haylee wasn't going because he didn't say anything about her. So maybe I could spend some time with him without Haylee being there, because you know what she would do." I explain.

"Oh!" Radrika says, "so you wanna make some smoochy with Edward?" She winks.

"Oh shush!" I say.

"Ooo! I'll watch!" Aria says and uses her elbow to punch me on the side.

"Please stop." I say. We walk and turn around the corner.

"Alright! See ya in English!" Aria says as we part ways. It's just Radrika and I now.

"Ashlyn, you know I don't like parties," She says, "but if you really want me to go, I'll go."

"It might sound like I'm using you so I'm not the only girl. And I know Aria likes parties, so it's up to you if you want to go or not." I say.

"Oh cool!" She says and walks into her class. "See ya!" I thought she'd feel more bad about it. Never mind. That's Radrika. Not that it's a bad thing. I walk down to my calculus class. I sit down in my chair.

"Hey." Thomas turns around and smiles.

"Radrika's isn't coming, but Aria is." I say with a smile.

"Cool," He says. "As long as you'll be there."

"Charming," I say sarcastically. "Could you invite some other people of the female gender to this party?" I ask with my hands folded.

"Done. Reagan and Ariana are coming too." He says. I stare at him for a long time with my eyebrows down. He turns around and clears his throat. He had to invite them? I mean, sure they're girls, but they're not that nice. Never mind. This is Thomas' party. It's the kind of party where you play "spin the bottle" and regret all of your choices. All of your choices ever.