X

X
The Domioes Fall
~~~

That conversation couldn't have gone any worse. Why did I...why would I say that out loud?! Why did I think she wasn't going to ask about it? I don't know if the fact that Raven knew what I was talking about makes it better or worse.

He looks at his phone. He's gotten three calls from Raven and a text from an unknown number.

I'll see you again. It said.

In hindsight, running away may not have been the best course of action, but the conversation was basically over anyway. Domino had asked enough questions.

He was about to message back the unknown number when Raven called a fourth time. This time he decided to pick up.

"Gar?! Why weren't you picking up?? Are you ok??" She frantically throws questions at him through the phone.

"I'm fine Raven." He says blankly.

"Why'd you suddenly run off? I would've made Domino leave if you weren't comfortable. I was gonna make he leave anyways." She says the last sentence matter-of-factly.

"She...got me thinking too much." There is no way in hell she's going to know.

"Was it when she started asking about our past together?"

"I guess." His voice was blank, emotionless, and a little dark. He started to plunge his mind into those negative thoughts. Except this time he didn't try to look any kind of way since it was only over the phone. He focused more on his voice this time.

Ino is right though. I shouldn't just cling onto my past habits. Raven doesn't give a crap about fighting. She'll do it if she has to. Protecting her is the last thing I need to do. Not that I could even do that anyway. Every time I get reminded of it–

"Gar!"

"Wha??"

"You got quiet for little there. Are you ok?"

"Oh. Yep! I'm fine!" He changes his voice like a switch was flipped.

"Ok. You sound better." That's the point dumbass. The mean and negative thoughts kept overwhelming his mind. And he did it all on purpose. To himself. "Where are you now?"

"I drove downtown. I figured I needed a walk. I'm ok, don't worry about me ok?" He lied. She's gonna come looking for me. This is none of her damn business.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow Gar. And...you know you can talk to me, right?" She asks lovingly. Almost like a mother.

"..." He hesitated. "Yeah...Bye Rave."

"Bye." He hung up first.

"I never thought that I'd lie to her like that. But it had to happen eventually." He puts his phone on the median and focuses on the road.

"No...freaking...way..." and go figure, Domino is at his door.

He started to get really angry. How did she get here before he did? Especially when he drove!