XX

XX
Prom Night: Part 2
~~~

Raven had managed to calm Gar down enough to be more or less normal. And he was ok with going out on the dance floor with the rest of the group at least. Jinx and Wally however, were sulking on opposite sides of the main room refusing to speak to eachother.

It was now about 11 pm. All the girls had taken off their heels and all the guys had taken off their jackets. It was more or less impossible to tell who's jacket was who's because they were all strewn all over the floor against walls and in corners. Unless yours was a color other than black or had your name in it, you'd be better off just finding one that sort of fits and just leave with it.

Gar and Raven were out for a stroll on the beach away from all the chaos in and around the party. Raven leaned her head on Gar's shoulder. Every time she took a step her feet would melt into the sand and the sand would wind around her toes. They were linked by their hands, swinging them ever so gently as they walked.

"Are you ok?" Gar asks her.

"Me?"

"Yeah. You look tired. We can go home if you want to."

"I'm not tired. And why are you worrying about me? If I were you I'd be more concerned about myself." He looks out at the dark, almost black water. "Gar, I feel like you're like a light switch. You're one way one minute and you're a completely different person the next, and then your background the first way after again." Gar laughs a bit. Raven gives him a confused look. What's funny about what she just said?

"Rita told me the exact same thing this morning."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"She said that I'm not the way I used to be." He said with a weak smile. "She was worried that I didn't even notice it."

"Did you?"

He shakes his head. "No. I feel the same, I'm just letting more of it out than I used to. I've always been like this."

I've never thought of it like that...

"Aren't you worried about that then?" She asks.

"Nope. I would be if I didn't know why."

"So you do know why."

He nods. "It's you." She becomes overwhelmed with an unruly and unprecedented sense of guilt. "It's our friends, Jump City itself, everything. It's all...different."

"Is that...a bad thing?" Just as Gar goes to answer her Kori shouts at them from across the beach and waves them over. "Nevermind."

They go and sit with the others on the outside patio, knowing Kori won't let them do otherwise. When they got there, Kori had taken her bun out and just let her hair fall on her shoulders, extra curly because it was in the bun all day and night. Jinx and Terra stayed silent while the others talked, and Jinx still insisted on separating herself from Wally, but he got over it. He was now talking with the rest, getting death stares from Jinx the entire time. Terra had a butterfly pin in her hair at the beginning of the night but she had no idea where it went. It was lost, never to be found. At least, it was fruitless to try and find the damn thing amidst the hundreds of Juniors at this party.