XXXV

XXXV
Left Behind
~~~
A/N: Please don't skip the song. It's important. Thanks!
~~~

13 Hours — 8:54 AM

"Why are you dressed like a slut?" Tony asks insensitively. She knew this wouldn't be easy. All she has to do is last a few more minutes and then she can leave. Visiting Tony at jail is always painful.

She's not wearing anything anything overly promiscuous, which makes his question all the less justifiable. Just a red camisole, a light, long grey sweater, and black faded jean shorts with a little embroidered flower on each of her hips. Its hot. She's not going to cover every inch of skin in the middle of the summer.

Partially offended, she doesn't answer him.

He's terrifyingly nonchalant; leaning back in his chair to the point where it's on its back two legs, and he's man-spreading like the Red Sea. "You going to see someone?" He asks.

"Hi to you too, Tony." She ignores his question. She's just as blasé and he is. Fortunately, she knows how to get his attention.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that, Raven?" Now he's sitting up, supercilious and patronizing as ever.

"Yeah. But I don't care."

Ignoring her smart remark, he repeats himself: "Why are you dressed like that?" Only more deliberate and staccato this time.

"None of your damn business." She leans back in her chair and puts her boots that match her shorts up on the ledge and crosses them. They're right in his face.

"Its for your pervy little boyfriend isn't it. What was his name, Alan? Alex?"

"Adam. And if you ever paid any attention to me you'd know we broke up before you got arrested, prick. He's not even in my life anymore."

"Heh. Can't stay away from those kinds of people can you? First that creepy ass Ivy kid and now this dude? You're always looking for trouble."

She takes a deep breath, then puts her feet down.

"For the 80th time, Ike didn't—and still doesn't—like me like that. I didn't come here to talk about my love life anyway." She stares dead at him, never breaking eye contact.

I'm not afraid of you. I will not look away. But her instinct tells her to; and she wants to. So badly.

He chuckles, "You suck at hiding shit, you know that right?"

She exhales deeply, obviously slightly aggravated. He's gotten better at figuring her out since they last met. He's got too much time on his hands.

"Yeah. So what?" She replies calmly.

He chuckles, "Who are you dating, Raven?"

"No–" she begins to answer immediately, but she just realized what she could say. "Actually," she gains his iconic grin. "I'm dating Gar." Neither answer is a lie.

"Gar?" Then it clicks, "The Logan kid?!" His face deforms into a ghastly grimace. "He's got some nerve to come back here."