XIII

XIII
Tour De Voleur
~~~

"Nnnn..." I open my eyes after what feels like forever. What the hell happened? Every part of my body aches. I sit up and grope around for a wall, then prop myself up on it.

Oh my... my knuckles are bleeding. That's when I feel the pain of my black eye, my busted lip, and my bruised cheek. Bloody knuckles...did I get into a fight? With who?

"Hey! Asshole!!" Gar...?? My eyes focus and I see Adam standing a few feet in front of me. Wait this is school!! What is going on?!

"Look what the cat dragged in. You coming to save your girl?" Adam spoke triumphantly. Like he had already won. He must've done this to me. There's no way I could've just let him do this. How do I not remember anything before this?

"Raven is not my 'girl'. But she is my friend! So I'm defending her!"

"And how do you think you're gonna do that?"

"Because you may easily mess with her, but you don't have the balls to touch me! You've only done one thing to me! You're afraid of me. And it's obvious. So step off before I make you!" I can't see Adam's face, but I can tell he's pissed. He's not moving, and he couldn't clench his fists any more.

All of a sudden a loud ringing sound played as Adam began speaking which is preventing me from hearing him. Wait...is that my...alarm?

~~~

"Why did you guys bring me out here?"

"What's it look like?"

"It looks like you've taken me to a random gas station off an empty highway at ten o'clock at night."

"Jeez Vic is right. You really are clueless."

"Just tell me what we're doing Jinx!"

Wally and Jinx hopped out of the car and Gar confusedly followed.

"Seriously guys, why are we here?"

"You'll see." Wally says that like it's supposed to reassure him. Gar facepalms as his friends walk inside the gas station's convenience store. He looked around once more before he stepped through the door, and all he saw was dirt and highway to his right and the same to his left. There wasn't another building for at least two miles.

Great.

It looked like any other convenience store. The shelves were just barely above his head and the stuff on the shelves near the entrance reeked of cigarette smoke. The man at the register didn't even seem to acknowledge their presence in his exhausted stupor. The store was relatively big, having 8 isles, freezers in the back and on he side, along with a slushy machine. Kind of odd since this gas is not only unpopular because of the quality, but it's also in the middle of close to nowhere off a highway. Yes it was near the city, but the highway was pretty much empty all the time.

"Gar," Wally waved him over. "Check this out." Wally points to some fireworks in a box on the floor behind one of the shelves.

"Ok. They're fireworks."

"Illegal fireworks. This guy shouldn't be selling these until late June."