XXIX

XXIX
Fix It
~~~

Why did you do that?
You shouldn't have touched him.
He's going to hurt you back you know.
You're an idiot. You're a f*cking idiot.

He was too close to me. I panicked...

What are you just going to go punching anyone who makes you uncomfortable?

No! Ike is different. He's not like regular people. He's a psychopath!

Who says you're not? You act out of character and you're irrational. After all, you are having an argument with yourself inside your own head.

HONK HONK!!!

"Shit!!" Not paying attention, he slams on the breaks as a truck flies in front of him through the  intersection. "Phew..." His hands are shaking.

Holy crap I almost died! And all because I was arguing with you!

Who do you think "you" is exactly, Gar?

...Damn. I really am talking to myself.

He drives in his own silence for a little bit.

Where exactly are you going anyway? He asks himself.

The only place where people still like me.

Them? Dude it's still like 5 in the morning. I doubt they're even up.

No, but one of 'em is.

~~~

"So let me get this straight: You have PTSD, you dumped Raven in the most brutal way possible, and now all your friends hate you. Then the cult leader of the school tried to indoctrinate you again, so you clocked him in the nose."

"Well I wouldn't have worded it like that but...yeah? You don't hate me too, do you, Myra?"

"It may be because I'm tired from playing video games all night, but no. I don't. I'm not gonna just label you like that. Besides, I wasn't even there."

"Tch, I wish Vic thought the same way..."

"You said it was on a group chat right? Lemme see your phone." He digs into his back pocket and hands her his phone. She guides a stray hair that's loose from her little messy bun lightly propped up on her head behind her ear. Gar slumps down into himself and leans against her dresser. Both sit in silence, cross-legged on the floor of Myra's room as she reads.

"I don't talk to Jackie's brother much but jeez. He's really aggravated."

"I know."

"Hey, it says there's 8 people in this chat. Where are the other three?"

"Oh yeah. I completely forgot about Wally, Jinx, and Terra. I wonder if they saw what happened."

"They might not even know. You realize that right?"

"I'm sure Dick and Kori told them like they told Vic."