Chapter 2

Curiosity did kill the cat. But guess what ? Satisfaction brought it back.
~ Unknown

ARIANA'S POV

"How are you doing now?" I asked Tammy as I smoothened her messy bed hair. The doctors let her out of the hospital yesterday.

She gave me a sad smile I tried very hard to be okay with it.
"I guess I'd be in bed for about 6 weeks so hey Ari honey I'm doing great!" She cracked a joke which brought tears to my eyes.

The doctors said Tammy had a broken rib and a broken bone and would have to wear a cast and be on bed rest for at least  6 weeks.

"I'm sorry Tammy. It'll be fine. It'll be okay. I'm here for you. I'll handle it, don't worry. " I tried saying in a composed tone.

" What about Harry? What about The bills- hospital, phone , Ari, it's all too much for you to handle without me." I could feel and tell she was in so much pain.

God, how was I going to tell her I got into another deal with the man she was owing. I just got a job as a seductress. As a rich man's to- be- whore? The tears kept flowing as I held Tammy's hand.
" I'll handle it, I promise. I'd do everything to make things right okay? I love you."

"I love you too Ari, just promise me you won't do anything stupid"

I already did. I said to myself as the tears kept flowing.

"Promise me Ari." She looked at me with sincere eyes.

" I promise Tammy." I said after taking in a sharp breath.
**********
If I ever thought King Corporation was classic with the finest and most modern architecture? I was clearly wrong 'cause Dee'Holy'Morgan's was hell in heaven. It was Burning with rich and perfect furniture. The marbled floor shone like it had just been polished.

The employees looked very busy walking up and down with files and folders, I walked up to the pretty receptionist and she gave me a cute smile unlike the rude receptionist at Harry King's office.

"Hey, I'm Arianna Rodstein, I'm here to see Mr.DeMorgane." I said smiling back at her.

"Oh! He said you'd be coming. I'm Tasha btw. Just take the elevator on the right to the 81st floor, there's someone else to attend to you and she'll direct you to Mr. DeMorgane." She said cheerfully.

I thanked her and walked to the elavator that could contain about 30 people. I got to the 81st floor which was quite spacious with only 3 rooms and a reception.

The old lady looked like she'd been waiting for me "I presume you're Miss Rodstein?" she smiled as I approached her.

"Yes I am. I'm here to see Mr,DeMorgane." I said smiling back.

"Good you're here. He's been waiting for you."

"Waiting for me?" I asked surprised.

She just nodded and signaled for me to follow her. She stopped on the last door on the floor. It was a glass door I couldn't see through. It was written Chief Executive Officer on it and I figured its obviously Nick's office.

I suddeny felt nervous and excited at the same time remembering the lusty look he gave me at the party. I instinctively looked at my outfit to check whether my  black leather skirt and my red top are able to get his attention.

Hopefully it does.

"Don't be nervous sweetie.I'll be at my station if you need anything okay? Good luck child" she said and left before I could say thank you. I didn't even get her name..