Chapter 42

"I don't want vanilla ice cream. I want the chocolate one." I told Zoey as we stood by the ice scream stand to buy ice cream. The bodyguards were not too far from us guarding us like hawks.

"I thought you liked strictly vanilla. Wow! You're changing !" She screamed clapping my hands and I laughed.

"Yeah, I just feel like eating chocolate today. Expanding my taste!" I told her eating the ice cream and walking to a bench in the park.

"You're so weird. It's so freaking cold and you're eating ice cream!" She yelled drinking coffee.

"Zoey , there's no season for ice cream." I said and she smiled. "Thank you for hanging out with me. If you haven't noticed, I don't have a lot of friends who like me just because of me. They all either want one of my brothers or after the money."

"That's fine Zoey. I love hanging out with you. You can call me anytime. You're like the little sister I never had. And look.." I started turning to face her

"I'm really sorry about the whole Harry thing. I know you both are close and I shouldn't have made it seem we're related..." I told her remembering the incident about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't shake the look on her face and his dad's face. They all seemed to like me a little less when the revelation came about. Although they didn't show it. I could feel it. And Nick. The look on his face was horrible.

"It's fine. But no more secrets okay? Nick really hates them. And I love you but I don't want you to break my brother's heart. So anything you have to tell him, do it as soon as possible." She said and I stared at my lap guiltily.

Don't break his heart.

But that's exactly what you're going to do..

"There's more secrets? Oh my gosh Ari!" She said exasperated and I wanted to smack myself.

"I-I can't tell him now. I'm so scared Zoey. I just need to muster up the courage."

"You better because all these lies will ruin your relationship. Woah. Wait, are you crying? Wh—" she said and I touched my cheek

"I- I didn't expect to cry. It's just.. he's going to hate me so much. You'd hate me too...he'll, Even I'd hate myself!" I said wiping my tears and she hugged me. Why am I crying?

"Shh. He'll understand okay? Don't cry." I nodded and thought of when Nick and I went home 3 weeks ago.

'"I'm sorry I lied to you. I..I just went with the flow because it was easier saying that.." I told him stuttering and my heart beating a hundred times. We were in his bedroom.

Please don't hate me Nick.

"It's alright. But please , no more secrets okay?" He said kissing my hands and I nodded. I kissed him softly and he went to the bathroom to shower. I took off my clothes and put on my pyjamas. I lay in bed waiting for him but he didn't come out for a while.

Harry's plan was working. Whether I liked it or not and whether I planned for it or not. I felt myself drifting off to sleep and strong hands pulling me close to him.

I felt him kissing my neck. I woke up and saw that it was 4am. "I want you." He groaned and I kissed him. We made love all night with the necklace that I never took off glowing in the dark. It was like he was a different person. He was so strong and relentless as if to prove a point. When we were done, he pulled my naked body to himself. He kissed my hair as he fell asleep. "Mine. You're mine." He whispered before sleep consumed him. I held unto him tight as I cried to sleep.

Thinking about it now brought more tears to my eyes but I wiped them. I grabbed tissue from my bag and cleaned my running nose.

"We should go. You can tell me about that boy you have a crush on in the car! I wanna know all about it." I told her trying to be excited and she blushed.