Chapter 35

"What should I wear Nick?" It was about 6pm and I was getting ready for my date with Nick. It was a chilly fall Friday and I was in my bedroom looking for what to wear.

"You really want to know my opinion baby?" He answered over the phone.

Pervert.

"Nick, just get your mind out of the gutter for a split second! Jeez !" I told him rolling my eyes and he chuckled over the phone.

"I really can't help it around you Ariane..what can I say? You bring it out in me."

"The date is in a few hours and if you told me where we're going, I would know how to dress!"

"Wear anything red cara. You know what my favorite color is now. But you look good in anything you wear."

"Alright Nick. Let me dress up."

"Can't we FaceTime so I can see?" I could tell the idiot was smirking.

"Nope! Sorry babe"

"Fine. My driver will pick you up in an hour. I'm waiting.."

"See you later!" I said and hung up so I could dress up. I was still looking for what to wear when Tammy knocked and came in.

"Getting ready for the second date?" She asked me and I nodded smiling.

"Can you help me pick what to wear?" I said and she helped me rummage through the heap of clothes Nick had bought for me. Still couldn't believe I had this many clothes though.

"Hey you seem awfully quiet. You okay?" I asked her as we kept going through the clothes.

"Yeah, Im okay. I'm just not liking this game we're playing anymore. Someone is gonna get hurt and I don't want it to be you. It's gonna get real messy soon Ari."

"What do you want me to do then? You just told me not to tell him!" I told her getting upset and sad about it.

"I know I did. I was just scared for us. He's a very powerful man and he can take everything from us. Especially this house, and you know how sentimental this house is." She said and I nodded. This was our only memory of our parents since they died.

"I know Tammy. What do you think we should do? All the money I've been paid is clearing up the debt to Harry. But I'm sure just a little more and we can leave the city and start afresh. What do you think?"

"I think it's a good idea. I've been working for Tyler as well and I've been saving up too. Maybe we should borrow money from him?"

"No..no way.. I can't ask him for that amount of money. Just about 2 more months and I'm sure we can get out of here. Everything will be fine okay Tammy?" I told her giving her a hug.

"I'm supposed to take care of you! Stop being the bigger sister you dog!" She said in my hair and I laughed.

"Then find me something to wear girl!" I told her and she pushed me to my bed making me fall on the pillows.

"You got it bitch. You'll be a knockout.."

***********
Tammy got me the cutest red top and a matching red skirt that I paired with gold stiletto heels. I threw on a long black jacket since I don't want to die from the cold!

I didn't know whether to pack a bag of clothes since we were spending the weekend together but I put my tooth brush and a few toiletries in my bag.