Chapter 39

"Is it okay if I spend the weekend with Nick ?" I asked Tammy after I had left Harry's house. I sat on a bench by the bus stop and calmed down. I was too exhausted to keep up with the crying. His words kept echoing in my mind. I really got myself into a huge mess. I then took a cab home. Tammy wasn't working today.

"Um duhh. It's like you don't even live here anymore. How was last night ? Oh my God! Is that a hickey? Or a vampire bite? How huge!" She screamed and my eyes widened a little. I'm not sure I want to explain my sex life to my older sister.

"Tammy! This is so embarrassing." I said blushing hard.

"C'mon tell me! You're like a shining star! I guess it was that good. Geez. I'm not gonna stop if you don't tell me how it was."

"Tamara.. I have to get some clothes.." I said trying to change the subject.

"Why take clothes when you won't be wearing them sweetie? Or you guys have sex with clothes on? Woah ..that's another level of..."

"What? No!" I yelled covering my eyes with my cheeks as red as beetroot.

"Oh so you did have sex! And you don't wanna tell me."

"Fine! Yes we had sex. Can you move out of my way now?"

"No can do, how was it? C'mon, I won't make fun of you. I told you about my first time."

"Okay okay. This is the last time we're ever talking about this ,ok?"

"Yep. Yep." She said almost giggling. Excited much ?

"I-It was awesome. Amazing. Gosh.. I can't stop thinking about him.."

"I am so jealous! Does he have a brother ? You're so lucky. You bitch!" She said and I pushed her out of my way and walked to my room. I put a few clothes(not that I would really need them. Nick got me a lot of clothes in his house)in my bag and walked out.

"How is work?" I asked her eating cookies on the countertop.

"Awesome. Tyler is the best. You know he always talks about you?"

"He does? Why?" I asked her a little curious although I had an idea why.

"You are so dense Ari. He clearly likes you. He always has. And he can't make it less obvious."

"But I like him like a brother..." I complained and she rolled her eyes. "Then why don't you tell him? Stop leading him on. Trust me, that's the worst feeling ever." She told me and I remembered her story with Harry.

Did he lead her on?

"I will tell him when next we hang out." I told her and she nodded. "Good."

"Yeah. Hey Tammy, do you still have feelings for Harry?" I blurted out before I could think. She looked taken aback by my question but soon composed herself.

"Why would you ask me that?" She said quizzically.

"Just curious." I said shrugging.

"Um..I.. I don't know..maybe just a little.."

Woah. How will I tell her he has feelings for me?

"Even after all he's done ? After blackmailing us and all that?"

"Love isn't that easy Ari. Yeah, he's been really evil to us but I think there's a good part of him somewhere. And who are we to judge ?" She started and I rolled my eyes. I'm usually very optimistic but right here she's being stupid. Can't tell her that though, my mama will slap me from heaven.

"Whatever Tammy. See you tomorrow. Save me a seat at church." I told her giving her peck and walking out of the house.

So Tammy still loves him ? I could not believe it. Harry's words were in my mind like a broken record. I couldn't even concentrate while walking on the road. I bumped into some old lady and she gave me a nasty stare.