Chapter 45

I stood looking out the window and holding my stomach.

Pregnant. I'm pregnant.

It's been 2 days since I left the hospital and my phone has been itching to Nick and tell him that we're expecting a baby. I was staying at Mel's house since Harry kept showing up and trying to talk to me. I had blocked him and  cut off all ties with him. I wanted nothing to do with him.

But these two days had me thinking. I had already started to love the life growing inside of me. The thought of abortion appalled me.

"How could you ask me that Tammy? I would never abort my child." I scolded her holding my stomach. She had asked me a few hours after the doctor had left. I was already so sure of keeping it.

"I'm just asking Ari. I just want to know your thoughts on this. I had no idea you were going at it like dogs though." She teased and I blushed. Looking back, we had never ever used protection. And I had never thought of the possibility of getting pregnant. What was wrong with me?

You were blinded by love.

Was he like that with all his girlfriends? What if he has a disease? Oh my God!

Stop thinking. He's clean. I read through is medical records and he does tests all the time.

I remembered. I have to tell him. I don't know how but I have to tell him.

"Hey can I borrow your phone ?" I yelled at  Mel who was in the living room probably working on her laptop.She took a few days off work so she could stay with me. She's the best.

"Yeah. It's charging by my night stand." She yelled back and I walked to her room next to the guest room I was staying in. I grabbed my phone and copied the number and dialed.

"Hello?" Zoey answered on the other line and I suddenly scared to talk to her.

"I-it's me Zoey." I muttered and waited. The line was suddenly silent and I thought she had hung up on me.

" Hey Ari. How are you doing?" She asked nicely and I smiled.

"I'm okay. Listen, I know I'm the last person you want to talk to right now but I really need to talk to you. Please , I won't take much of your time."

"Fine. But don't expect me to be on my best behavior! I'm still mad at you. Meet at the café next to Nick's office."

"Thank you. You won't regret! I promise! See you there."

"Hmm." She said and hung up. I dressed up quickly and took a cab to the cafe. I took a seat next to the window and waited while drinking a glass of orange juice.

"Sorry I'm late. Stuck in traffic." After a long while , Zoey took a seat opposite me.

Traffic for 3 hours? Wow!

"It's alright. It took a while for them to take my order anyway."

" That was totally intentional But you deserve it. I'm sorry though, it's mean." She said and I smiled at her. I wasn't mad, I understand her protecting her brother.

"I just invited you to apologize once again. I knew you wouldn't pick up my phone call so I called through Mel's phone."

"You're right. You already know me well." She said nodding and looking at the menu.

"Um..well.." I started but I was already sweating. Do I tell her that I'm pregnant? Or what?

"I want to explain the whole situation. If you let me." I told her after a minute. The waiter came and took her order and then she looked at me again. She was wearing a white shirt and black jeans paired with a black leather jacket.