Epilogue

Nick's POV

"What happened?" I asked my wife as she walked into the house with a frown on her face. I looked down at the tiny boy standing behind her legs.

"Ask your son." She grunted and took Alanna from my arms. She  just turned three years old and she was such a daddy's girl. She was so quiet because she had just woken up from a nap. She's usually so chirpy and talkative.Ariane hates it but I really am her favorite. I stopped over working when Nate was born. I bent down to his level as he chewed his fingers.

"What did you do?" I asked him ruffling his hair and he shrugged his shoulders "Nothing Dad." He did that whenever he was lying. He said in a small voice and Ariane answered for him

"He fought a kid at school!"

"He said I was stupid and I can't play soccer!" Nate frowned as he yelled back.

"Boy are you yelling at me?" Ariane said in an authoritative voice and he shook his head with a pout.

"Sorry mommy.." he said with a sour voice. I held his hand as we walked to my office.

"Sorry daddy. I won't hit my soccer ball on his head again." He told me and I wanted to laugh. That's what he did ? I remember doing that to some kid in my school too. Damn, he's really my son.

"Listen son, don't ever do that again okay? You don't want mommy upset do you?" I told him and he nodded and I kissed his forehead.

"Nooooo . Mommy won't get me my new toys if she's mad at me." He said and I nodded. And if she's mad at you, she automatically becomes mad at me too. And if she's mad at me, she won't want me to touch her. And I can't sleep without holding her anymore. It's a whole domino effect lil man.

"Yes so let's not make mommy mad. Now go apologize." I patted his back and he frowned

"I already did."

"Well do it again." I told him and he frowned even more. "Okay dad." We walked back to the living room and Ariane was watching some reality show and eating popcorn. Alanna was on the floor playing with her dolls.

"I'm sorry mommy. I won't fight at school again." He pouted and I knew she was a sucker for those eyes. She smiled and pulled him into a hug and tickled him.

"Stop! She's my mommy!" Alanna stood and pushed him away and he frowned.

"She's my mommy too! My mommy more than you." Nate told her and she pinched him. I ran to her and carried her as she started crying. Why is she crying? She was the one who pinched him!

"Mommy why did you buy a new baby? I don't want her anymore!" Nate hugged his mom and Ariane smiled. He thinks she bought Alanna. He had no idea why her stomach was huge during her pregnancy. It was hilarious how fascinating it was.

"I didn't buy your sister. I carried her just like I carried you. Okay?" She told him and he pouted. Most times they're always nice to each other. Nate loves his sister but they still have moments when they're quite possessive over Ariane or me. But they would get past it easily. Nate would bite a bully's head for his baby sis. I was happy with how we brought them up.

"Let's go eat now. Lunch is ready. I bet that's why you folks are acting cranky." She announced as we walked to the dining table. Nate said grace before meal like Ariane taught him and then we all ate.

If it wasn't obvious, my wife was the strict parent. Maybe just her voice cause she can't do shit. She's definitely "bark no bite". After all these years , I still love her. Damn. It's surreal.

After lunch , Alanna "pologized" to her brother and Nate did same. Aww. That's what I love most about them. Nate even helped her fix her broken doll's arm. And he had a tea party with her. Everyone in this house is obliged to have a tea party with Alanna and her imaginary friends.