Chapter 48

Why is it so dark? No lights. What's going on?

Please wake up. Please don't leave me. Wake up cara

Nick? Why is he telling me to wake up? Am I sleeping? I tried opening my eyes.

Ari! Please wake up! Please!

Tammy?

Their voices were very faint and I almost didn't hear it.

I struggled to open my eyes again and I could see blurry brown eyes. It's too bright!

"Ariane..you're awake baby." I heard him say as I opened my eyes wider. I looked at my surroundings and it was all white.

"W-where am I?" I whispered. My throat was parched. I was so thirsty. What's going on? I asked trying to sit up. He stopped me and made me lie down again.

"Shh.. stay still baby. Here.." he told me and gave me a glass of water to drink. I gulped it all in one go.

"Lie down. The doctor said you need to rest." He told me and he was much clearer now. His eyes were red. His hair looked out of place and his shirt was unbuttoned. He looked like he had not slept in ages.

"What happened?" I asked him. My memory was slowly returning to me. I had a huge headache and all I could remember now is passing out.

"Y-you were hit by a car a-and .." he stopped talking and bit his lip.

"Is the baby okay? Is the baby okay Nick?" I asked him and he kissed my forehead.

"Yes. You're both fine , thank Goodness. You lost a lot of blood though. You were also stabbed in the back. It was an attack. I'll get to the bottom of this. I promise. I'm so sorry Ariane." He said determination in his voice.

"W-who?"I held my stomach. Thank God nothing happened to the baby. Its now coming back to me vividly. I was waiting to cross the road  to go see the shop selling maternity clothes and baby stuff. I was suddenly pushed into the road and I felt a sharp pain in my back. I saw my life flash before my eyes. I fell on the floor before the van hit me and I blacked out.

"Hey hey, stop crying. It's alright. I'm so sorry." I felt him soothing me and I didn't realize tears were falling down my cheeks.

"Did you happen to see who pushed you?" He asked softly and I shook my head. I just felt myself being pushed with a sharp pain in my back.

"It's alright. Get some rest okay? I'll make some calls so the security is tight."

"P-please don't leave me Nick." I begged and he kissed my forehead. He took a seat on the chair next to me and held my hand.

"Okay. Sleep. I'll watch you. Don't be afraid , I'm here baby..I won't leave." he said kissing my hand. I believed him when he said he wouldn't leave. I closed my eyes as sleep consumed me.

When I woke up later, he was still there leaning on the bed with his head down. He was snoring. Still holding my hand. Tammy walked out of the bathroom and stared at me with a smile.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" She whispered and I smiled back.

"Much better. How long have I been here?" I asked her and she sat on the seat opposite Nick.

"Since yesterday. He's been here all night and forced everyone else to go home last night. We were all scared. You lost so much blood." She told me and I looked at him again. How sweet.

"We? Who else was here?"

"Nicole , Zach , Zoey , Tyler , Mel. Everyone. He stayed here all night. He was your blood donor. I couldn't because I have my period. I'm so sorry sis." She looked apologetic and I smiled. He gave me his blood? He really is the best.