Chapter 1

Alana's P.O.V.

I could not explain to anybody how excited and depressed I was about going into senior year.

Yes, it was my last year of high school.

High school was where you found out where belonged, which for some was not very pleasing.

Thankfully I had been able to get along quite well in my classes and end up being captain of the varsity soccer team.

I stood in front of the mirror examining my outfit one last time before walking out the door. I had tried on five different outfits since the first one that had looked good yesterday looked terrible today.

I ended up deciding on a white lace shirt, dark skinny jeans and some flats.

The drive to school was short since I lived ten minutes away and I ended up having time to grab a coffee at Panera. I wasn't much of a starbucks fan to be honest.

As I parked in my parking spot I noticed a group of Freshman debating whether or not to go in the school. I had been in there position not to long ago.

It was absolutely insane how quickly these past four years had gone by.

I was glad to think I would be doing bigger and better things very soon. I couldn't wait to get out and it was only the first day.

"Alana! Hey!" I turned to see my best friend Nicole walking towards me. She gives me a quick hug before pulling away. "You ready for today?"

I laughed and shook my head slightly. "I guess. What's your first class?"

She pulled her schedule out of her pocket and quickly shoves it back in. "Chemistry, how about you?"

"Calc. I wish it wasn't my first class. It really sucks to have to actually think first thing in the morning." we both laugh as we make our way to the front door.

Nicole steals my coffee to take a sip and looks over to my left with a look on her face.

A group of students stand along the corner of the building, some smoking. There were about seven people in the group and they all were completely careless.

"That's so disgusting." Nicole shakes her head as we walk by. I hold my breath, trying not to let any of the smoke get into my mouth. It was childish, I know, but there was one thing I could not stand and that was the smell or taste of smoke.

Of course the one and only Niall Horan stood in the middle of the group, his arm around a brunette.

She giggles and tugs on his shoulder, attempting to get his attention. He looks at her for a moment to convince her he was listening though anyone could tell he wasn't.

"He is with a different girl everyday." I watch as he pulls his cigarette out of his mouth before looking over to Nicole and I.

Our eyes meet as he takes another long drag of his cigarette. He doesn't break eye contact as he takes it back out and gives it to the brunette.

I quickly look away and pick up my pace, pulling Nicole with me.

"Come on we're going to be late."

--

"Alana Warren?"

"Here." I hold up my hand for the teacher to see me as she finished role call.

I was always at the bottom of the alphabet since kindergarden.

Her name was Mrs. Holly and she was a tiny old lady with blonde hair slowly fading to grey.

"Alright now class I will be passing out your syllabus for the year. Please try to not loose-"

Our teacher is interrupted by the door opening by the last person I expected to see in this class.

"Do you have a late pass?" Mrs. Holly askes, giving him a stern look.

He rolls his eyes and pulls one out of his back pocket, tossing it to her. She looks at it before tossing it into the trash can, "Take a seat."

She points to the last seat open in the class room and continued to go over the syllabus.

Niall walks past me all the way back to the back of the class. He smells of a mix of old spice and smoke...an interesting combination you could say.

I cough slightly, trying to get rid of the taste of smoke in my mouth.

As Mrs. Holly passes out our first assignment I continue to wonder about how the hell Niall is in my class.

I worked my ass off to get where I was and he couldn't seem to care less about where or who he was.

While I turn around to pass the papers back I take a glance at Niall, who is already looking at me.

He smirks and raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes and turn back around. This class was going to be hell.

The rest of class was spent looking over the assignment and taking a few notes.

We were given some free time at the end of class to ask questions and I decided to take the time to listen to music.

I turned back to take another look at Niall and once again he was looking straight at me.

This time I promised myself I wasn't going to turn away until he did. He couldn't know that he frightened me. Who wouldn't he frighten?

No question, he was insanely attractive, though I was not a fan of the piercings
and tattoos. Niall had also been with a different girl practically everyday.

He bit his lip before leaning back in his seat and taking out his phone.

The bell rang right at that moment and I rushed out the door.

----------------------------------------------

(Hey loves! I know this first chapter kinda sucked but it will get better I promise:)

They will also get longer as the story goes on!

Next update: Friday:)

Let me know what you think and remember to vote and keep reading!

I uploaded a picture that I hope is showing up of Alana, which will be played by Annasohpia Robb!

If it isn't showing please let me know!!:)

ILYSM XX)