Bushfires

In summer, there is only a few weeks where a fire doesn't erupt. Usually they are small, easily contained to the farm or piece of land it started on.
Other times, they are big, a warning sentence on the weather about where the bushfire is, the nearby town being evacuted as a precaution. With a few trucks, they can sometimes go for one or two days before being stopped.
Then we have the really big ones. You know they're bad, because they get a name. Ash Wednesday, Black Saturday, the Victorian Alpine fires, Red Tuesday, Black Tuesday, Black Christmas, Eyre Pennisula bushfires, Jail Break Inn Fire, Margret River, Esperance and Pinery. (Yeah, we kinda need to get new names than just 'Black'.)
The ones where whole towns are evacuted, emergency crews from other states being called in, it has it's own section on the news. The ones where homes and livelihoods are destroyed, sometimes people don't make it out. Sometimes they even get reported on in other countries, and to be honest, that scares me a lot more, because it shows how bad this fire is.
Like, we're used to fires, we know how to deal with them. Usually we're fine. But when we haven't got it under control when we expect it, and then other countries pick it up? Then they know something's wrong and we haven't got it handled. It's like a failure, because we should be good at this by now, yet we just can't do this one.
Maybe they're getting worse, the fires harder to control, I don't know. But when they get that hard to put out? That's scary.