1

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd awoke with a soft gasp, she was strapped into a seat; surrounded by her fellow inmates. Chatter sounded, different teens greeting old and new friends. Her eyes scanned around the small area, looking at the people around her. She smirked when she saw her best friend across the way, a sharp whistle leaving her mouth.

'Murphy,' She called.

A smirk lit up the scrawny boy's face, 'Chicky.'

The girl went to make a smart remark back, but the dropship began to shake furiously; jolting everyone around before the lights went out for a moment. But as they turned back on a second later, a screen lit up with Counsellor Jaha's face. She rubbed her wrist, tearing her eyes away from the screen when she felt a bracelet. She scowled at the sight of it, attempting to tug it from her skin; but it refused to budge.

'Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there.If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable,' Jaha stated.

'Your dad is a dick, Wells,' Murphy yelled.

'Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean.'

'Yeh, I'll believe that when I see it,' She yelled as she looked up again.

'The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain three hundred people for up to two years.'

'Spacewalk bandit strikes again,' Someone called.

Byrd smirked when she saw a boy floating across the drop ship, a huge grin on his face as some of the teens egged him on.

'Your dad floated me, after all,' The boy, who they called Finn, winked at the familiar face of Wells Jaha.

'You should strap in before the parachutes deploy,' A blonde sneered; 'Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live.'

'Mount Weather is life. You must locate those supplies immediately,' Jaha continued.

The girl was hardly listening anymore, closing her eyes as she leant her head back against the seat. She pried an eye open when someone whistled from in front of her, her smirk returning when she saw the spacewalker as she opened her other eye.

'I'm Finn,' He greeted as he held out his hand.

'Byrd,' She replied as she shook it.

'Like- Like the ones with wings that fly?'