48

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd sat at the side to the temple, her head resting against the rocks as she listened to Octavia say the same statement into the radio over and over again; trying to get someone to answer. Indra stood with the younger girl, watching her closely. Everyone else had cleared out, Kane to buy them time by helping sort the clans and Gaia had convinced the scouts to put the temple in lock down until they could figure out how to get inside the bunker. 

'Can anyone hear me? Over,' Octavia spoke into the radio; 'Can anyone hear me? Over... This is Octavia. Can anyone hear me, damn it?'

The radio finally came to life as Bellamy's crackled voice filtered through, 'O, it's me. You ok?'

'I'm alive. I won... Bell, what the hell did you do?'

'It wasn't me. But I'll fix it.'

'We don't have much time. Listen to me. When I won, I decided to share the bunker with everyone. A hundred from each clan... Kane is out there buying us time, helping them select their people, and Gaia somehow convinced the scouts to lock down the temple. But if anybody finds out that Skaikru stole the bunker, we're all dead.'

'Copy that. I'm on my way.'

Octavia looked over at Byrd at the sound of Jaha's voice before it was cut off, fear in her eyes. She pushed herself up to stand then, wandering over to stand beside Indra.

'O, I'm gonna need some time,' Bellamy sighed.

'Wait. What? Bellamy, they don't have t-' Octavia gushed; 'Bellamy?'

'Let's take a stabbing guess at who cut the radio,' Byrd stepped backward; 'I'm going to say Jaha, anyone else think the same?'

She chuckled to herself, sliding back down the wall to sit.

 /\/\/

Byrd coughed as she wiped her sweat covered skin, picking at the scabs over her burns. Octavia sat across the room beside Indra as the woman stitched up her arm, covering it in cloth. 

'They've made their choice, Octavia,' Indra pressed; 'We have to find another way in.'

'There is no other way. This one stayed hidden for a hundred years,' Octavia sighed. 

'Then we should break it open.'

'Then it won't protect anyone. Bellamy will find a way.'

'The black rain is keeping the clans at bay for now. But when it stops and they find out what your people did-'

'They stole the bunker. They're not my people anymore.'

'I wondered why Kane was stalling,' Echo's voice sounded as she stepped through the dark.