7

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd groaned as she awoke, her eyelids fluttering open; her hand moving to feel the back of her head when it didn't throb like it usually did. Her finger tips came back covering in a black slime, confusing her even more. But the moment she saw where she was, she was on her feet and looking for Lincoln. She reached for her knife when she heard footsteps, clenching her teeth out of frustration before she looked around for a weapon. The man wandered into the cave seconds later, gripping her wrist when she attacked him with a knife.

She fought against him, kicking at his legs and swiping at his abdomen with her free hand as she reached for another weapon. The girl let out a yell when she was pushed up against the wall, Lincoln holding a knife to her neck as she halted her struggle against him. Her chest heaved as she glared at him, holding his gaze.

'Where's Murphy?' She growled.

Lincoln shook his head, silently telling her he didn't know.

'You took him! You distracted me while your friends took him! Where is he?' She yelled.

'I don't have him,' He muttered.

'Then where is he?'

The man shook his head defiantly, taking a step back to let her go. Byrd looked at him, her eyes glassy as she watched him.

'I'm sorry,' He mumbled.

'Like hell you are,' She sneered.

They both paused when a soft groan came from the floor, their heads snapping down to look at the awaking girl. The Delani girl scowled lightly when she saw it was Octavia, but made no move to help her; her grudge against her too strong.

'I'm going to get some air,' She muttered.

Lincoln place an arm across her chest as she went to move, causing her to huff and roll her eyes.

'I'm not going to run away, I've got nothing left to live for so why not let you kill me?' She stated with a raised brow; 'I'm only going to the door.'

Surprisingly, he let her go, watching as she walked away. Byrd smirked when she heard Octavia begging for help, before she screamed; a light chuckle leaving her mouth.

'Karma is a bitch,' She mumbled to herself.

/\/\/

It was night again by the time Octavia awoke again, sitting up with a start as Byrd sat against the wall sharpening her knife. The Blake girl's eyes looked around frantically, soft gasps leaving her mouth out of fear.

'Hello? Is anybody here?' She called.

'You know, chanting that usually doesn't work if nobody's here,' Byrd drawled.