13

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd clambered a tree when she heard on coming hoof beats, previously having seen Finn on the back of a horse with a grounder; his hands tied and eyes wide. She waited until the horse and rider came beneath the branch, launching herself into the air. The girl let out a grunt when she ran into Finn's back with great force, falling back onto the dirt floor; pulling with him her. She glared up at the grounder, pushing herself up before wiping off the dust.

'That hurt more then I expected' She muttered. 

Finn held his hand out to her, 'Thanks.'

She cocked an eyebrow as she let him pull her up, a smirk on her lips. She watched as he went to turn away, before stopping again; holding his hand up. 

'Someone's coming,' He whispered.

'Hey, hello, who's there?' She called out.

'Byrd,' He hissed quietly. 

'What? They can't kill me.'

The smirk remained on her lips as she knife came to rest on her neck, her hands sneaking down to grab her own. 

'Hey, Skywalker,' She called; 'I made a friend.'

The boy stumbled backwards as she spun around to find his friend in a choke hold, a grounder wearing a skull mask behind her. A soft gasp left his mouth when the grounder let out a yell, dropping his grasp from around Byrd's neck as he stumbled backwards holding his leg. The Delani girl held up the bloodied knife, still smirking as she stalked toward him, the grounder behind her. 

She sent a cheeky wink toward Finn before she spun around and flicked her knife toward the man, the blade hitting him right in the throat as a spear impaled his chest from behind. The grounder groaned, gripping at his neck as he fell to his knees. Her jaw dropped slightly as the body fell to the ground, she was impressed. 

'Damn, I'm good,' She chuckled; 'But I'm not that good.'

'Who threw that?' Finn asked. 

'The boogieman.'

'Can't you take anything seriously for one second?' 

She hummed for a second, 'Nope.'

She skipped forward toward the body, pulling her knife from the grounders neck before she got to cutting his head off; a present for Bellamy. Byrd smirked when familiar boots came into her peripheral vision, but she didn't stop her work.

'Hey, caveman,' She greeted. 

'We don't time for that. Anya was expecting him any minute,' Lincoln replied. 

'Well, better get going then, shouldn't you?'

'She has Clarke.'

'Let's go then,' Finn urged as he began to strip the body.