2

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd had walked ahead as the hours wore on, leaving the group behind as she searched for something exciting. That was when she came across the huge river, a grin spreading across her lips. She ran toward it, standing upon a large rock that acted as a small cliff. The water didn't look deep, which lead her to pulling her jacket off and kicking her boots off.

'What are you doing?' Clarke's voice echoed through the air.

She turned to face the group with a smirk as she unbuttoned her pants, 'Octavia. Come for a swim.'

The dark haired girl was running at her in a second, a grin on her face. Byrd stepped out of her pants, walking to the edge of the rock. Octavia was beside her in a second, still grinning. She nodded toward her and jumped in, the cold water engulfing her. She brought her head above the water, pushing her hair out of her face as her feet came to rest on the slimy rocks below her feet.

She smiled over at Octavia who had most of her face under water, herself doing the same as she heard footsteps approaching. Byrd winked as her new found friend before delving into the water again, letting surround her completely once more before she attempted to swim behind Octavia. Her face lit up with a grin when she saw the blurred blobs that were her group, all of them looking into the water; their voices muffled. And when her breath began to run short, she launched herself up and yelled; scaring everyone besides Octavia. She laughed madly, throwing her head back as she ran her hands over the water.

'There's not supposed to be a river here,' Clarke muttered.

'Well, there is. So take off your damn clothes,' Finn replied with a smirk.

'That's my boy,' Byrd cheered, earning a slight glare from Octavia.

All the boys quickly began stripping their jackets and undoing their belts, the two girls in the water grinning as they watched them. Byrd sunk down again so the water was up to her neck, letting it lick the back of her neck.

'Octavia, Byrd, get out of the water,' Jasper suddenly yelled.

The Delani girl looked up at the confused, watching as each of their faces feel; Octavia slowly turning beside her to see what they were looking at.

'Get out of the water now!' Jasper yelled in panic.

There was a yelp from beside her, before her feet were knocked out from under her as Octavia was dragged away. She coughed as she resurfaced in the middle of the river, flailing around when her feet couldn't touch the rock bed beneath her. She kicked her feet in an attempt to swim, flailing her arms around as the others yelled on shore. She didn't move from the water when her feet were able to touch, her eyes searching the water for any sign of her friend. That was when the girl burst through the water, screaming and struggling to stay above as she was continued to be dragged around. Octavia flailed around, sending water in every direction.