6

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd moved through the low scrub early the next morning, searching for something to eat. She had left Murphy back at the cave they had taken refuge in, leaving him to sleep. Her head turned to the sky when she heard something flying over head, a bright orange flame ball nicking the tops of the trees. She was quick to chase after it, popping over logs and ducking around trees.

The girl hid the shadow of the treeline as she finally came across the small dropship, her eyes searching for any signs of life. Once she saw nothing was moving, she crept forward slowly; holding her knife tight in her hand. She ripped open the door to the ship, ignoring the unmoving body as she searched for food or supplies. Though her whole body paused when she was pushed into the side of the ship, a body pressing up behind her. 

She flung her head back, nailing whoever it was in the nose before she spun around and pushed them up against the side of the ship with her knife to their throat. Byrd scowled when she saw Bellamy's face, pressing her knife harder against his neck as he stood unmoving and wide eyed. She waited for him to speak, her anger boiling in her stomach. 

'What are you doing?' She hissed lowly.

'I'm here for the radio,' He replied. 

'Why?'

'To stop the Ark from coming down.'

'What can you get for me in return?'

'What?'

'I let you get the radio, you get me something. Otherwise, I kill you now and let them believe it was a grounder.'

Bellamy looked over her face, but she wasn't letting up in the slightest.

'I thought you said you'd never ask me for help,' He stated.

'I'm not, you are,' She smirked.

He sighed, 'Fine. I'll get you some blankets, but that's it.'

'That's all we need. Leave them by the cliff by nightfall, or I'll hunt you down and let them all know what you're doing.'

'Deal.'

'Deal.'

She removed her knife from his throat and went back to scavenging, grinning when she found a bag of food. She pulled it out and threw it onto her back, moving out of the way to let Bellamy do what he came for. 

'Bring the blankets, Bellamy,' She stated; 'Because I don't give up easy and death doesn't scare me.'

And with that, the girl disappeared, running back into the forest and to the cave where Murphy lay.

/\/\/

Murphy was still pretty out of it when Byrd left him again to go fetch some water, making her move quickly to get back to him. She didn't bother checking the river as she stepped down into it, kneeling down into the water as she placed the bottle under the surface. But, when she heard footsteps plodding through the water ahead, her head snapped up and she quickly stood. Eight or so teenagers walked the river searching for something, a smirk coming onto her lips as she watched them.