9

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd didn't know how Lincoln was able to sleep standing up, but he managed to. She figured, though, that is would be better then sleeping on the cold metal floor curled up in a ball as she had been. It had been days since they had been locked up and in that time she had no food given to her, the same went for water. Her head pounded and her stomach had stopped growling the previous day. She watched Lincoln sway slightly, Bellamy sitting in front of him; watching him closely.

'Can you really talk to the Ark?' She asked out of the blue.

Bellamy looked at her slowly, nodding subtly. She had heard non stop about it from listening to the boys who were on watch, their conversation between one another not exactly quiet.

'Can they see us?' She spoke softly.

Again, the boy nodded. Byrd sighed, opening her mouth to say something more, but the hatch opened before she could. Miller climber up and into the room, looking at Lincoln before he looked at Bellamy.

'Did you talk to The Ark?' He asked, but Bellamy shook his head; 'I told Digg's mum the news, John's dad. I'm supposed to talk to Roma's parents later.'

'Thanks for doing that. I owe you,' The Blake boy replied.

'Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by grounders, I just wish I could say we were getting some justice.'

'We're not killing him.'

Miller sighed but nodded anyway, wandering over to the table off to the side. He turned to look at Lincoln, swiping something from the table onto his hand and took a step closer to the grounder.

'You were a lot scarier when you had that face paint on,' He spoke lowly as he wiped the mush onto Lincoln's face.

But the grounder didn't waste a second throwing his head forward, smashing it against Miller's. Byrd cackled loudly as the boy fell backwards, unconscious. She held her sides as they began to ache, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her mad laughter bounced off the walls, the first real noise anyone had heard from her in days.

/\/\/

Byrd sat with heavy eyelids, staring at the wall as she picked at the chain around her wrists; trying to get out of them. She had new cuts lingering on her palms from trying to pick at them with metal she had found, scratches on her wrists shone red. She looked up suddenly when the hatch reopened, Miller having only just left to talk to Roma's parents. The girl smirked slightly when she saw the water caddy in Octavia's hand as she stepped up from the ladder, having never been so glad to see her.

'Hi. We don't have a lot of time,' She whispered as she approached Lincoln, her eyes moving to Byrd briefly; 'I brought you some water. Here.'

The Delani girl licked her lips as she watched Lincoln take sips from the caddy, her throat only becoming drier at the sight.