18

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd leant against the back of her cage, her eyes set on the bodies hanging from the roof. No one had touched her since they had thrown her in there, Dr Tsing doing nothing but smiling cynically at her whenever she walked by. She hadn't seen Lincoln and was coming to believe her decision to talk to him was going to haunted her for the rest of her life.

She kicked at her cage door, trying to break the lock that held her in. She had been stripped of all her clothes, leaving her in nothing a bra and underpants. She still laid covered in her own blood, staining her skin dark red. She had hidden the keys under her cage, only hoping Lorelei wouldn't find them. The girl rested her head against the wall of her cage, the grounder next to her playing with her hair; tugging at it lightly.

'Get them down,' Lorelei called as she entered the room with two guards.

'Yes, ma'am,' The men stated.

'I want her next.'

'Yes, ma'am.'

Byrd glared at the men as they approached her cage, sitting herself up properly.

'Touch me, you die,' She sneered.

They didn't reply as they opened the door, earning a kick to the face. She scrambled out on her hands and knees, reaching for the gun in their belt. But she was lifted up, an animalistic yell leaving her mouth as she fought against the doctor. She threw her head back, nailing her in the nose before she dropped to the floor. The grounders all sat at the front of their cages, yelling and screeching at the sight of the fight.

'Strap her to the table,' Dr Tsing cried; 'Now!'

Byrd struggled against the men as they lifted her from the floor, carrying her toward the table. They strapped her down, dealing with her hits and kicks. But they were all quick to still when sirens began to blared, orange lights flashing.

'Tie her down, then move,' Lorelei called as she raced for the door.

The Delani girl laid strapped to the table, tugging at the cuffs around her wrists and ankles.

'Fuck,' She yelled.

/\/\/

'Have you heard anything about Byrd?' Jasper as Monty as he lay in the hospital bed. 

'No,' Monty shook his head; 'None of the others have seen her and there's no new artworks in the dorm.'

'Maybe she went to find Clarke?'

'So, she found a way out?' Maya asked. 

'Obviously,' Monty stated; 'She said she knew where Clarke was.'

'Are you sure she's not in medical? She was pretty beat up last time we saw her.'

'She would't let them help her. She doesn't trust easy.'