46

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd hung upside down from the railing, her hair hanging down the wall. She sung a song she'd heard in an old movie once on the Ark, laughing to herself as she went. She'd been left behind with Murphy, Emori and Raven to scavenge tech from the lab, as the others headed back to Polis. Jaha and Kane had found the bunker, one that would save the entire human race; or so, she'd been told. She'd tried to go with them, ancy to be free once more, but had been instead left to clean up. 

'Oh, a very, very, very happy unbirthday to,' She held the note; 'You.'

She laughed to herself as she swung from side to side, continuing to sing to herself. 

'Byrd, give it up,' Raven huffed; 'Get down here and help.'

She tapped her chin in thought, 'How does no grab ya?'

'Chicky, if you sing one more verse of that song, I'm going to choke you,' Murphy smirked up at her. 

'Kinky.'

She winked at him before swinging herself up, pausing for a second at the head rush that followed. She skipped down the stairs and over to the trio, looking over what they'd collected already. 

'This is why they left us behind? To scavenge tech?' Emori sighed, causing Byrd to point at her nodding.

'Hey, we talked about this,' Murphy muttered; 'We didn't get left behind. They're coming back.'

'Forgive me if I don't believe what your people say anymore.'

'Murphy's actually right,' Raven spoke up; 'Don't worry, they might ditch him, but I'm too awesome to leave behind.'

'There you go.'

'Congratulations, Emori. You get to live in a hole in the ground for five years. Thanks for playing.'

'Come on. At least we get to live.'

'Said the cockroach to the raven.'

Byrd smirked, leaning into the boy's side as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Though, when they looked back to Raven after sharing a glance, she was looking toward the ship with furrowed brows.

'What?' The Delani queried when she looked back to them.

'You don't hear that?' Raven asked as she stumbled toward the ship.

'Emori, get the Seizure kit now,' Murphy gushed; 'Abby left it in the office.'

'No. No, it's- it's ok... It's ok. I'm fine. Put that stuff with the gear for the last run. I'll start on the processors.'

'No, no, no, no,' Murphy strode toward the older girl; 'No coding, all right? Luna's not here to whisper in your ear and I'd rather not have you melt on my watch.'