11

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd spent the entire next day locked up in her tent, Octavia spending the day with her; mad at the others for what had happened. The Delani girl was bored, the wall of the drop ship her tent sat on was covered in graffiti already; just form the twenty four hours she had been in what felt like a skybox.

She sat up from where she laid on her bed when a gunshot sounded outside, but didn't panic in the slightest. But when she heard her name being called, she quickly began to undo the ropes around her wrists; Octavia not doing a very good job at tying at them. Though she let her believe she had. She pushed her way out of her tent, looking around at the crowd by the dropship; the chatter loud. She walked forward quickly, pushing her way through the teenagers.

'Byrd!' Octavia called; 'Someone get Byrd.'

'She's not even here,' A boy called back.

'Oh, I'm not?' She replied as she stepped up onto the dropship ramp.

The chatter only got louder, causing her to shake her head as she entered the ship.

'You called,' She suggested as she found Octavia.

'You're gonna want to see this,' The girl replied.

'What?'

She followed after Octavia, a long breath leaving her mouth as the sight of her blood covered best friend. His whole body shook, not an inch of skin wasn't bright red. His face was swollen, the cuts that lingered on her skin were deep.

'Murphy,' She muttered as she moved forward; 'Murphy.'

His eyes moved to her quickly, his face crumbling at the sight of her. She carefully knelt down beside him, ghosting her hand over his cheek. He gripped her wrist in his hand, making her pause.

'Hey, Magpie,' He whispered.

'Hey, Murph,' She replied.

He slowly wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her in close; his entire body trembling against hers.

'I'm going to kill everyone who touched you,' She muttered.

'I know, but for now, stay,' He croaked.

'Just for you.'

'Where is he?' Bellamy's angry voice called.

Byrd let her best friend go, sitting back on her feet; holding onto his hand. Bellamy's face dropped at the sight of the shaking boy, before his face went hard.

'Everyone but Connor and Derek out. Now!' He yelled.

The room was quickly deserted, Clarke and Finn staying behind Bellamy as he held his gun tight.