23

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd stood amongst the crowd in the new training room, watching as the grounders entered with a smirk. People shrunk away from them, shuffling closer together to get away from them. She remained confident at the front of the ground with Octavia and Murphy, her eyes moving over Indra as she glared over the group.

Kane walked forward to the middle of the room, 'I know we don't have a lot in common, but we do have a common enemy and a common goal. For us to reach it, to get our people out of Mount Weather, we need to work together... Ogeda... Skaikru en Trikru... Our survival depends on us sharing your knowledge.'

Byrd looked up at the grounder that approached her and Murphy, the pair smirking as he stared down at them.

'Do you got a problem?' Murphy asked.

'Yu sou don set raun der en ai em op taim ai stegeda don ge flosh klin,' The man sneered quietly.

'I'm sorry, man. I don't speak Grounder.'

The grounder hit the cup out of the boy's hands, causing Murphy to shove him backwards. Everyone's attention snapped toward them, Byrd standing beside her best friend with a smirk; waiting to see how he handled himself.

'Mr. Murphy,' Kane called; 'Apologise to that man.'

'For what?' Murphy held the grounder's gaze; 'He was the one who came at me.'

'Two days work detail.'

'Work detail? I just told you, I didn't do-'

'Care to make it three?'

The boy rolled his eyes, smirking up at the grounder before he stepped around him.

'You're gonna burn just like your friend,' The grounder muttered.

'Fuck you,' Byrd sneered before she threw a punch into his face before Murphy did the same.

Everyone moved in around them, trying to break up the fight as the Delani girl pounded the grounder's nose into his head; her best friend kicking him. And soon it wasn't just them fighting, it was grounder against sky person. Byrd was quick to find a new grounder to fight when he tried to pull her off, nailing him in the jaw before she threatened him with her knife; her entire body burning with pain.

He held her gaze, waiting for her to attack, but she never got the chance as the knife was ripped from her hand; slicing her skin as it went. Kane held her gaze when she spun around to glare at him, elbowing the grounder behind her in the face; knocking him out. With a smirk, she weaved through the fighting; looking for another for herself.

It wasn't long before Indra got her people under control, leading them back outside to train. Byrd watched on with a keen eye at the grounders attacked one another, her body itching for a decent fight. Indra called out different commands, she strode forward when a fight ended. She stood beside the woman, neither of them looking at each other.