30

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd stood with a knife in hand, watching the group that had set out to kill the grounders walk back into camp. Their clothes were damp with blood, but it wasn't their own. She knew that. They'd stooped way below her level of blood lust, she enjoyed the game, they just wanted the power. She strode toward Bellamy after he brushed his sister off, launching a fist into his face. She was over him the second he was on the ground, holding him up by his collar.

'You're a fucking coward, Bellamy Blake,' She spat.

She was pulled off him after she launched another punch to his nose, Octavia dragged her backwards.

'All of you are fucking cowards,' She yelled.

The boy didn't moved for a little bit before he was slowly helped up, not even a glare thrown her way as he staggered off. Byrd shook Octavia off, standing tall as Pike stepped up onto a table.

'Everybody listen up. Hey, hey, hey,' Pike called; 'Twenty four hours ago, you elected me your chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia.'

People cheered and yelled, punching their fist into the air.

'This morning on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the  Grounders. This land is ours now,' He continued; 'Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down. Remember it just like the Grounders will remember it.'

Lincoln placed a hand on Byrd's tremoring shoulders, causing her heat gaze to look up at him before it relaxed a little. He shook his head, her muscles tensing under his grip.

/\/\/

'Kane, I didn't do anything, ok?' Byrd sighed as he walked behind the man; 'If you're gonna get mad, I have my reasons for hitting Bellamy... And attacking that guy... And slitting that guy's throat. I was bored, ok?'

'That's not why you're here,' He shook his head.

She looked over at Octavia as they strode after the man, moving through the back halls off the Ark piece.

'Is it true you tried to leave camp to see Indra yesterday?' Kane looked at the Blake girl.

'Look. Don't you have more important things to worry about than me sneaking out of camp?' Octavia stopped walking as he did.

'As it turns out, that's why you're here. Both of you. Indra signalled. She wants to meet. I'd go myself, but Pike's watching everything I do now.'

'You want us to go see Indra?'

'I need you to.'

He passed them a machete each, wrapped in its leather sheath. Byrd grinned, hooking it over her shoulder as she flicked out her other knife.