35

/\/\/

/\/\/

Murphy stood before the new commander, Ontari from Azgeda, the girl approaching her bed. He stood there watching her before the guard moved to place the heavy metal collar around his neck once more, spinning to face him as he took a step back. 

'Easy there, big fella. It's not necessary, right?' He looked to Ontari. 

The girl looked at him for a second, 'Put it on him.'

He sighed, sending the girl a bored look as he was locked up once more. 

'You, leave us. Let me know the moment King Roan returns.'

'Heda,' The guard bowed and left. 

'You want to explain this?' Murphy looked to Ontari. 

'I don't trust you.'

'Well, I got to say, I'm a little hurt by that.'

She looked at him as she slowly removed her shirt, 'How about now?'

'Now... I'm a little less hurt.'

Her hands trailed down her body, moving to undo her pants.

'Wait,' Murphy tried to stop her but she did it anyway; 'There's somebody else, ok? I'm sorry.'

'Is she a commander, too?' She asked. 

'No.'

'Would she kill you if you ever lied to her? Did anything to break her trust or upset her in even the slightest way?'

'Yes.'

Ontari stare at him for a second, eyes roaming his face.

'Well, good thing she isn't here, then,' She purred as she began to pull him closer using the chain.

'Oh, the things I do to survive,' He muttered as she slowly walked forward. 

/\/\/

Byrd wandered through the busy streets of Polis by herself, having left Kane somewhere she couldn't remember. She smiled at the grounders filling the streets, accepting food in trade for articles of clothing. Then trading some of that food, for new sets of clothing. She felt alive in the streets, no one judged her because they couldn't tell is she was a grounder or Skycrew.

'Mochof,' She nodded with a smile as she accepted more food.

She turned away, scanning the street for things she could find useful. But her whole body went rigid when she saw a familiar face dart through the crowd, her jaw falling slack for a second before she clenched it. She strode forward, pushing through the crowd as she followed after John Murphy. She ripped of a piece of her food, pausing at a stall when he paused also. She smiled at the man, offering her food up for trade for the jacket hanging for the pole; her eyes constantly glancing to Murphy as he spoke to a vendor at stall not far from her as though he knew her.