34

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd clenched her knife in her hand as she strode into the cave they'd left Bellamy in, her gaze full of anger. She walked behind Kane, not once looking up at Bellamy as Octavia walked behind her. Her anger burned so bad, tears sat heavy in her eyes and Bellamy knew once he saw them something wasn't right. He glanced at his sister as she walked past, not even sparing a glance for him.

'Where's Lincoln?' Bellamy asked.

The was the final straw for Byrd as she turned and launched her knife at Bellamy with a yell, letting the blade hit the wall by his head. As it clattered to the ground, she turned and punched the nearest wall; pain shooting up her wrist.

'Pike put a bullet in his brain,' Octavia muttered as a tear rolled down her cheek.

'O... O, I am so sorry-' Bellamy was cut off by his sister's fist.

She hit him, soft sobs wracking her body as her face crumbled. The group took a step closer, but Byrd held up her hand; stopping them from moving as she stepped in front of them.

'She needs this,' She stated.

Octavia threw another punch, blood beginning to show on Bellamy's face.

'Octavia, that's enough,' Kane demanded.

'Kane, stay out of this,' Bellamy looked up at him with glassy eyes.

Octavia continued to attack the boy, Sinclair and Bryan the first to look away; Kane eventually walking as few steps away. Byrd stood silently watching her best friend breakdown, Miller beside her. Octavia's sobs grew louder and Bellamy made no move to stop her, letting her continue to attack him.

'Stop. That's enough,' Miller stepped forward and grabbed onto the girl.

But he was quickly shoved back into Bryan as she shouted, 'Get out!'

'Miller, back up,' Bellamy glanced at the boy.

'Byrd, do something,' Miller pleaded.

She didn't reply, her face hard and eyes following every punch that was thrown. She finally blinked when Octavia knocked Bellamy to the ground, standing over him with wheezy breaths and teary eyes.

'You're dead to me,' She sneered before finally turning away.

Octavia strode right on by her and out of the cave, Bellamy watching on after her shattered. One final tear rolled down Byrd's cheek before all her emotions faded from her eyes, her body turning away to go after her friend.

/\/\/

'I say we run two-man patrols around the clock, starting now,' Miller suggested as they all sat around the fire.