14

/\/\/

/\/\/

Byrd walked through the forest, swinging her knives around in her hands as she started back to camp. She hadn't seen a sign of Murphy and it made her nervous. She couldn't loose him. She smirked when she heard chatter up ahead before they all fell silent, knowing it was the remaining of the original hundred, she continued onward.

'Byrd?' Octavia called softly when she came into view.

'The one and only,' She replied.

'What are you doing out here by yourself?' Jasper asked.

'Trying to find Murphy, what else?'

'Get over here before they get you.'

'Uh, pretty sure they won't. Been out here by myself for a while now.'

Bellamy shook his head at her as Clarke sent her a stern glance, neither of them saying a word.

'So, you haven't seen anyone?' One of the boys asked.

'Not a soul,' She shook her head; 'Beside this guy.'

She held up a dead fox, smirking as it swung in the air. She hardly blinked when something silver flew past her head, skimming the side of her ear before lodging itself into a boy's head. The entire crowd gasped as they all scrambled backwards, Byrd merely lowering the animal as her eyes came to land on the dead boy. She looked back up at Octavia, smirking as she laughed.

'You better run,' She shook her head; 'Cause they're here.'

'Grounders!' Jasper yelled.

The group all bolted back for camp, pushing and shoving one another. The girl was yanked forward by Octavia, who didn't let go of her arm until they were inside the wall. She rolled her eyes, watching as everyone ran around in a panic; a smirk coming onto her lips. She loved chaos.

'Little Bird,' Finn called as he ran toward her with a gun; 'Do you know how to use this?'

'Of course,' She chuffed.

'Here you go then.'

He shoved the gun into her chest before he rushed away again, Bellamy calling her name; motioning for her to come up. Though little did he know, she wasn't going to kill any of them; well, any of the ones she liked anyway. She propped herself up against the wall, eyes scanning the forest before her lazily.

'Where are they? Why aren't they attacking?' Bellamy asked Clarke as she came to stand beside him.

'Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do,' The blonde muttered after a moment.

'What are you talking about?'

Byrd pulled her gun up, the barrel aiming at the sky as she turned to smirk at the boy; 'They're corralling us. Easier kill.'