Prologue

I run as fast as I can from the chaos. Screams bounce off the buildings as the attack carries on. I grasp onto my husband's hand as we zigzag through the city, trying to outrun the army.

One of the creatures scream as they chase us. Showing us just how close they are behind us. My husband stops suddenly, causing me slip and fall.

   He turns towards me, tears fill his eyes as he helps me up.

"Don't Darea," tears begin to fill my eyes. "Please don't do this, we'll make it, we're going to survive and have a family together ." I say as I feel the small bump on my stomach.

   The creatures whoop and growl as they come closer to us, we're running out of time. He looks in the direction we just came from, tears running down his face. The suns' rays reflect orange and red off of his tan skin.

   The creatures round a corner a few blocks down, sprinting toward us.  They whoop and holler as they run, closing the distance that is keeping us safe.

"I must Flory. To protect our family." He responds as he pulls me in for a kiss. He holds my head for a few seconds before he pushes me away.

"Take care of our child." He says as he feels the bump.

"Children," I respond, smiling sadly at him.

   He looks at me and sorrowfully smiles. I watch as his black eyes move as he looks down. The creatures are only a block away now. My heart begins to thump loudly as my body shakes from myself being nervous. I feel tingling begin to spread as all of my energy throughout my body, preparing me to fight.

"Our children," He says softly, smiling, "take care of them for me, darling."

   He takes off toward the creatures, moving his hands, and causing them to move under his command.

   I sprint away from my husband with tears streaming down my eyes, knowing that this would be the last time I'll ever see him. The buildings fly by beside me as I sprint toward the Canopy Forest a few blocks away.

Bang!

   I look up and see a huge round machine hovers down toward me. Shards of glass fall onto me and I quickly cover my eyes and throw my body to the ground, cautiously though so I don't hurt the children. Covering my head and neck, waiting for the impact of debris that never comes.

   I look back up at the flying saucer waiting to see what it does next. A light suddenly comes down from it, surrounding me in the blinding light. I begin to feel myself be lifted upward toward the ship. I scream, trying to fight off what ever this is.

   I look back at the direction of where the attack is and see the circular ships that carried our unknown enemy to the planet and smoke begins to rise from the area I was in about twenty minutes ago.

   The light carries me into the ship and everything goes dark.