A City Like Asgard

Margeratha just collapsed. She was standing there crying when she went rigid and just collapsed. I kneel beside her trying to wake her up but nothing will work. I get up and begin to pace, 'What to do, what to do...' I think over and over again. I jump when I turn around and see Margeratha standing. She is all tense and has a glassy look over her eyes. 

"No, no, please no." I whisper as I walk closer to her. 

I walk up to her and grab her shoulders. I look her straight into the eyes and begin to shake her. 

"Please, don't do this please not now." I beg to someone, anyone who might be listening. 

I continue to shake her, but she doesn't show any reaction to it. I feel tears fall down onto my cheeks as I feel myself become hopeless. I stop when I see her mouth move. 

"What." I say.

"Run." She whispers. 

I don't move, I refuse to. I ran from her and Zaydon for so long, I am not going to do it anymore. I can't. Her eyes water again and blue flames surround her arms. A portal opens beside me, the blue making the shape show in the darkness of the field. Margeratha runs at me and pushes me into the vortex. I look out to where I once was and see her close it. 

"No!" I shout and try to move back to where the portal once was, but there was no use, the momentum pulling me to the other one refuses to let me move in that direction. I fly through the portal and hit a wall. I fall onto my side causing me to gasp for air. I slowly get up and look around. Two buildings are on both sides of me, a car sits at the end of the alley. Lights flick on and brightness blinds me. I hear a slam of a door and some chuckling.

"Hello little girl," says a raspy voice, "are you lost?" 

The figure moves within the light, blocking it from blinding me. I can't see any of his features. I shake my head unable to speak. The man begins to walk toward me. 

"Did you lose your mother?" He asks.

He's inches away from me now, I shake my head, 'I need to get back to Margeratha' I think. Before I could deflect it, his hand wraps around my wrist ad another covers my mouth from screaming. I try wriggling out of his grip but it only helps him tighten it.  

"If you stay quiet, then I won't hurt you." He says calmly. 

I stop moving. I feel this calmness flow through me, I look down at my arm and see it surrounded by yellow flame. 'The power of the Mind Stone' is what Loki had called it. What could I do with this ability? A vision flashes through my eyes, I see myself making a man doing flips as I command him to do so; another takes its place, I am commanding Margeratha to use her abilities to make someone go through walls; the last vision flashes before my eyes, I am controlling Margeratha to change the reality of someone into their... no! This can't be true, this must be some sort of trick, but I can't believe that, something tells me that this is true. Tears fill my eyes, I was the person that made Margeratha do terrible things that day. If they had control of me then, could they have control of me now?

I come back to reality when I realize that I am being dragged to the car. His hand is no longer clasped over my mouth. I remember making Margeratha do what I wanted in that hall earlier today. I commanded her to do it while the yellow flames were around my arms.

"Let me go." I say as strongly as I can.

I feel the man tense and his grip loosens on me. I take off and run out of the alley. Once out I run to the right and then stop. I don't know where I am going. I turn frantically around looking for some hint on where I am.  I look up and see a huge sign read 'Chicago'. I'm in the Northern Hemisphere. I look over to the right and see a woman look at me with a scared look on her face. I look down at my arms and still see the yellow flames circle around them. I look back at the woman and she runs, holding an something up to the side of her head. 

I turn around, ready to take off. but Margeratha stands there. Her arms are surrounded by the red flame. She is expressionless, her eyes filled with nothingness as she stares at me. 

"Please don't do this." I say, I don't want to fight my sister. Her flames surround us, the same hallway begins to shape around us. Zaydon is already there, he looks calm, collected, but I still see his cheek twitch when he looks at me. 

"If you go with A2, you won't have to do this." He says, my begins to boil.

"Her name is Margeratha, not A2, and if you let us go then you won't have to do this." I say. 

He smiles, "Then all those years I've worked to perfect the two of you, will be a waste."

"I don't care." I say. 

"You should." He says and the hallway disappears. 

I look at Margeratha and watch as the red flames get intertwined with orange flames. She smirks and runs at me.