Norse Mythology

"Wake up A1,"

   I squirm and feel the sheets of my bed, A's side is cool and vacant. She never came back here last night.

'Where is she?' 

   I get up and walk over to the door and put my hands on my head. I hear footsteps come up behind me.

"Relax," says a familiar voice, "you're going to classes today instead of the next phase."

   I turn around and see the navy man, but he's alone.

'Where're his escorts?'

"Try anything," He takes out a stick with sparks, "and your day with de-escalate very quickly."

'What did I do to make him mad about that?'

"You failed the phase that's what," He says, "and we better work on your thoughts before we continue."

We continue walking until we stop in front of a familiar door. It opens and standing there with red hair and navy skin is one of my "favorite" creatures in the universe, my professor.

————————————————————————

"Who is Thor Odinson?"

"Thor Odinson is the blood son of Odin and Gaea. He is also known as the stepson of Frigga. He has a stepbrother, Loki Laufeyson the god of mischief. Thor is also the god of thunder, he also bears a hammer: myonire... minohere, miyo.... mayo..."

"Mjolnir." Says my professor calmly.

I begin to pull at my hair for how stressed I am. Please let this be almost over.

"Mjolnir," I say as "sweetly" as I can.

"Please continue."

"What is the meaning of all this?" I ask before I realize. Shoot!

I see her face turn purple, this can't be good.

". The meaning of all this is to have an understanding of..."

"Of what, mythology?!? Mythology is just a myth professor, that's why it is called 'mythology.'"

"We are part of a big universe, A1, you better learn to accept that." She says, "There is much more to the picture than this place."

"How am I supposed to see the full picture when all I see is a bunch of white hallways filled with a bunch of morons!" I shout.

I see the purple spread to her neck. She gets up and presses the button on the wall.

'Oh no. No no no. Please...."

Five masked creatures come in, they grab me and slam me against the wall. Stars sparkle in my eyes as the creatures take out a electric stick and charge it up. I cover my face and stomach with my arms.

Tears stream down my face as I wait for the punishment of talking back to a professor. I close my eyes as I expect the jab that never comes. I slowly open them and see the navy girl standing in front of me. He arms raised to stop the creatures from hitting me with the stick. The electricity sparkles around it as it waits for its victim.

   The navy girl speaks in a tongue that I cannot understand. The creatures put their sticks alway and walk out of the room. She then nods at the professor and she walks out of the room also.

   The navy girl turns and looks at me. It looks like she is staring into my soul. I look down at my dirty feet and play around with my toes.

"Why did you talk to your professor like that?" She finally says.

"It kinda slipped," I mumble refusing to look up at her.

"'It kinda slipped'?"   She begins to shout now. She grabs my arms to show the marks left behind from the other punishments.

The punishments typically came from talking back, failing a test that the professor gave, and not cooperating with anything.

She feels the scars and looks up at me.

"Will you ever learn?" She asks.

"No," I say calmly.