Training: an Interesting Experience

The women lead me through the halls. We eventually go to a balcony that overlooks an open area. Men fight each other with swords, the three men that were at dinner were fighting each other. The blonde guy, Fandral I believe, moves in swift movements and takes down the guy with the long beard, Volstagg. Fandral then turns to the final man, the one with the sleek black hair in a bun, Hogun.

Fandral goes in but Hogun is way too quick. Hogun kicks Fandral and makes him lose his footing. Fandral falls to the ground and Hogun puts his foot on his chest. Fandral looks up at him and smiles. Hogun helps Fandral up and begins to laugh.

   Fandral looks up at us and smiles. He waves and beckons us down. I follow the women down the staircase and meet Fandral at the bottom. He smiles at me and bends down to look me in the eyes.

"Are you ready to begin training?" He says.

"Yes." I say, quite excited.

"Twenty laps around the training sector, go." He yells.

    I'm not that excited anymore. I begin to run around the perimeter of the training sector. I pass by Fandral, okay so one. Two... three... I keep running and before I realize it Fandral begins to wave his hands.

"Agerathea, you have ran more than enough, I believe you ran thirty." He says.

"Thirty?!?" I squeak, I didn't know I was physically built like that.

    He nods. Then points to the ground.

"Twenty push-ups, go." He says.

    I go down and begin to pump myself up and down, counting the push-ups out loud.

"Nineteen.... twenty." I jump up and wait for the next command.

"Ok." Fandral claps his hands together. "Let's begin with some basic moves. Take this stance." He bends his knees and clenches his fists. I mirror his position and face him. "Clench your fist and throw a punch." I close my fingers and punch out.

"Excellent. There are no issues." He says. "Now let's work on the high kick."

————————————————————————

Agerathea's point of view. 2 hours into training with Fandral.

'I thought this was going to be more interesting.' I think as I block another one of Fandral's moves. His hair is all matted and full of sweat, his eyes full of determination to probably take me down.

   The first hour was basically offense, until Fandral realized I somehow knew these moves. He then moved on to defense, to show me some moves for that. I also knew those though, so he decided to already begin one on one. It felt weird to be honest. Every time he would throw a punch, my arm goes up to deflect it or I would dodge it. I never knew I knew these moves. It felt like an instinct or like a reflex.

     Fandral was clearly frustrated about something, but I could not quite put a finger on it. Every time I would deflect one of his offense moves and every time I would somehow make contact with him, he would grow more red.

   He's as red as one of the tomatoes that was served at dinner last night.

"Dear, it is time to go to your lesson with Frigga." Says one of the woman who created my outfit.

   I nod to Fandral, which seems to somehow make him turn more red. It's not a good color with his hair and complexion. I walk over to the woman and they lead me up the staircase and down the hallway to the next lesson.