Conference Room

The navy girl leads me back to my room. I noticed that she never looked at me as we walked. It was silent the whole time so it was awkward.

   I lay down on the floor, making my hair create a mane around me. I cross my legs as I look up at the ceiling and wait for my sister's return. I'm still not sure whether or not she came back here.

————————————————————

"A1, wake up."

'Why do they wake me up every morning like this?' I think.

I get up and walk toward the door. The navy girl is there with a handful of escorts. She looks up at me sadly. I put my hands above my head and turn around.

"There is no need for that," she says.

I turn around and see her with her arm out to block one of the escorts that is holding a pair of restraints.

"Follow me." She says.

————————————————————

We walk into a room I've never been in. It's white and has a long table in the middle with chairs around it.

The girl closes the door behind us and and motions for me to take a seat. I walk over and sit down. She walks to the chair across from me and sits down. She stares at me.

"What now?" I say.

"Now we wait."

It's been two hours and we were still waiting. She is has been staring down at her clipboard for that whole time.

I begin to drum my fingers on the table. She stares up at me with a 'really' look on her face. I stop and look back at her. She looks back down and I begin to drum a different beat on the table again.

She looks back up at me. I throw my hands up at her.

'What do you expect me to do?' I think.

"Anything but that," she says blankly.

I turn my chair. It's a spinny chair!?! I put my hands on the table and force myself to spin. How did I not notice the magic of this chair before? It has wheels too!?! I my goodness! I grab onto the table to make my self stop.

I giggle out loud and put my hand on my mouth to muffle the noise but it only causes me to giggle more. This is the most fun I've ever had! I can't wait to tell A!

I look over at the girl and see her looking down at her clipboard. What is so interesting that kept her from watching me have fun?

I begin to role around the table. The wheels make clicking noises from the tiles on the floor. The speed picks up with every kick of my feet. I close in on the wall and throw my feet on the ground.

'Too fast, too fast, too fast!'

WHAM!

The girl looks up at this point. The back of the chair had hit the wall so I am facing the girl full on. I wonder what my expression is at this moment. I slowly role my chair away from the wall and make myself turn around to see the damage I had done. A dent was left from the impact.

I turn around and see the girl looking petrified at the dent.

"Leave the chair there and sit on another one." She commands.

I role the chair and make the back perfectly fit into the dent. I then run over to sit in another chair and role it over so I am sitting across from her again.

    I fold my hands and look at her as if we were in a meeting. She keeps on looking up at me and down at her clipboard.

'I don't know how to say this.' I think, 'you're pregnant.'

   She looks up at me strangely. She blinks and I blink and than we have a stare off.

'With sextuplets,' I say in my brain.

  I couldn't hold in my laughter. I fall to the floor laughing my pants off. I hear the door click and the silliness is gone in an instant. I fly back to my chair with my back to the door.

   I hear the door open and I dramatically turn the chair around while I cross my legs.

"What is she doing here?" The navy man says.

"She deserves to know." His daughter responds.

"Know what?" I ask.

"She's supposed to be in the middle of phase 2." He says.

"I cancelled it," she says, "she's going to be doing phase 2 tomorrow."

"You can't cancel something like that."

"Well I did."

'Why in the hell is no one answering my stupid question?!?' I scream in my head.

   They both stop and look over at me.

"What is your question A1?" They both say in sync... creepy.

"What do I need to know?" I ask like it was the elephant in the room.

   They look down to the floor.

"It's about your sister." He says.