Chapter 9

Mia and I were literally tearing our way through the stores trying to find the best dress and shoes.
We stopped at a sushi restaurant to take a break from our shopping. We decided to order a sushi platter to share, I had a glass of water and she had iced tea.
"Okay so wait, being the presidents daughter and all...do you get to go out? Like you know to parties and stuff?" She asked. I laughed and looked deep into my glass of water, hoping a less awkward answer would appear from the glass. But it didn't.
"My parents aren't really that restrictive, their rule is that I have to have friends to go with, and at least one bodyguard, a bodyguard that won't make things so obvious." I said with a nervous chuckle.
"Someone like Liam?" She asked smirking at me. I laughed and nodded as I bit my lip subconsciously.
"Yeah someone like Liam."
"So do you go to parties all the time?" She asked curiously.
"Actually, last nights party was my first." I said shyly.
"Oh my god! We have to go out together, just you and I, and then the two boys some other time." She said and I smiled and nodded. I would really like that.
"That sounds great!"
"On a different topic..." she started, this girl is a true adhd girl, her conversations never last on one topic for more than three sentences, and I liked that. "You know, I've never seen Liam like this before, so himself and so happy. I think you're good for him, I'm glad you two are dating." She said and I smiled and blushed.
"Thank you Mia, but we aren't dating." I said and she frowned but smiled through the frown.
"I have a feeling you two will." I blushed.
Although Mia was 24 and I was only 18 we got on very well together and it's almost like I've known her my entire life. I'm truly grateful I got to meet her.
After talking rubbish and arguing over the bill for another 15 minutes we continues our search for my outfit began again...this time it lasted 2 hours. It was now 3p.m and my date was at 6. As we left the last shop, very content with my three options, I saw Liam waiting for me two shops down, as promised. I smiled and waved with my one arm that wasn't carrying two bags. Mia helped me carry one. He smiled and waved back, and he made his way back to me.
"Miss John." He greeted formally and I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly.
"Mr Carnes." I greeted back and he smiles cutely at me.
"Did you find anything good?" He asked and Mia and I smiled at each other.
"Boy you are going to love it!" Mia exclaimed and I blushed slightly. "Although we haven't chosen ONE outfit yet..." Mia said looking at me.
"Well for all I care she could be in just a shirt and she'd still look more stunning than a super model in a gown." He said. My heart fluttered, my stomach did flick flacks, my cheeks flamed and I smiled uncontrollably.
"Oh my god! Awwwwww." Mia said jumping up and down.
"Don't you have a boyfriend to attend to?" Liam asked and she laughed but nodded.
"Yeah where is he?"
"Actually he asked me to take you with me and Kat, he thought you were too irritating." Liam joked and Mia slapped his arm playfully but laughed at him, knowing he was joking, that made me smile, for a weird reason.
"Okay, Kat, do you need any help getting ready?" She asked. I looked at her pleadingly.
"No, gosh, I don't need to put effort in remember, I'm stunning in just a shirt." I said winking at Liam.
"Imma help you." She said and I smiled.
"Thank you angel." I said and she smiled widely at me.
"Always a pleasure!" She said and we began to walk to the car, Liam next to me the entire time, I felt very safe and happy.

Once we got back to the house Mia and I went to go get me ready, I hopped into the shower and washed my hair, washed my body down with my usual citrus scented body wash and hit out. I wrapped my fluffy towel around my body and my smaller fluffy towel in my hair, I then proceeded to brush my teeth. When I walked out Mia had picked my dress for me, just like I begged her to do...she chose the black one. (A/N: the dress is pretty hard to explain so I provided a picture:) ) I was kinda hoping she would choose that one. The heels she chose were my black Stiletto heels, they had a strap around the ankle and they were closed off at the toes, the shoe itself was pretty soft in material.
I smiled at her and nodded to myself, I was nervous but really excited. I really liked him.
"Okay, can I do your hair?" She asked and I smiled and nodded. I knew how to do my hair and I was pretty good at it but I liked the fact that I was being prepped for my date by my new friend, a friend I think I'd have for a while.
"I'd like that. Any ideas?" I asked and she nodded excitedly.
"Yeah I was thinking a waterfall braid and the rest of your hair down and curled." She said. "What do you think?"
"I think that sounds amazing!" I said and she smiled and began to dry my hair. Music was playing in the background and we talked and laughed as we prepped me for my date. She told me about Derek and I could tell how much she loves him, when she spoke about him she had this unbelievable smile on her face and her eyes shone with delight, she was radiating love. I admired them, what they have is so special, not many people get that kind of love.
I want that love, and I found my mind wondering to the thought of me and Liam having that kind of love and I smiled.
Once my hair was done I let her do my makeup. She just did my lips a bright red, applied winged eyeliner and powder to my skin. She then left my room so I could get dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror and she did a great job! Every natural beauty I had was intensified instead of made up, and none of the make up had hidden any of my features, which I liked since I don't feel that there is anything wrong with small imperfections.
I put on my outfit as I danced to my music. I remembered my perfume this time, the DKNY nectar.
And then...I was ready.