Chapter 36

"Maria!" A woman came running into the room and went straight for her daughter.
"Mom! I'm fine! Miss John's bodyguard saved us." She said smiling at Liam with admiration. Marina stiffened and looked behind her, at me, a hug smile forming on her lips and her hands were shaking.
"Katherine? You're alive?" She asked as she approached me and I nodded as tears started to form in both our eyes. "I heard the gunshot...I thought you were dead." She said and she took my hands in hers.
"He would never let that happen." I said looking at Liam who was smiling at the scene in front of him.
"You're engaged!" She said when she felt my ring. I smiled and looked at Liam, who looked very proud of himself. "To your bodyguard!" She said as she clapped her hands in delight. "My dear you really are one hell of a woman." She said and I laughed. She looked at Liam and gratitude was written all over her face. "Thank you, sir. You have saved someone very important to me, for the second time, thank you." She said and held his hands, smiling.
"It's my job ma'am." He said, being all modest.
"And thank the lord America has put such a competent young man to drive the crime out." She said and Liam chuckled.
"Thank you ma'am, it means a lot. I am glad to see that your daughters are okay, but we should be getting back home to ours." He said politely and I smiled at her when she heard that I had a daughter.
"You have a daughter?" She asked with a smile and I nodded proudly. "Not Grace's?" She asked cautiously and I shook my head.
"No, Liam and mine." I said and she smiled widely.
"I am so happy for you!" She said and gave me one last hug before Liam and I left, his arm wrapped around me protectively.
"I'll drive." He said and I laughed and shook my head at him.
"Get you bum in the passenger seat Mr Carnes." I instructed and pulled me closer to him.
"I love it when you're so bossy." He said and I laughed and kissed him lightly.
"I'm so glad you're okay Liam." I said and hugged him tightly.
"I told you I was, you just see blood and panic." He teased and I laughed, knowing it's true.
"Shut up and get in the car." I said and he laughed kissing my forehead.
"Yes, ma'am." He said and saluted me, making me laugh, before getting into the passenger seat.
It was almost midnight now but I wasn't tired at all. Mia and Derek were sitting on the couch watching spongebob while Aria and Jace slept on their laps. When we walked in the door both their heads snapped up and looked at us. They got up, careful not to wake the children and walked over to us.
"Is he okay?" They asked me at the same time and Liam laughed.
"I was drugged, but I'm not deaf, or mute." He said and they chuckled.
"He's fine now thanks." I said as I rolled my eyes at Liam.
"Wait...drugged? Is that why you couldn't keep your eyes open? What drug?" Derek asked and Liam looked almost embarrassed that he got roofied. I don't know why though.
"He got roofied." I said for Liam when he didn't reply, and Derek snorted.
"The date rape drug? You're not even hot, who would roofie you?" Derek joked and Mia slapped his arm...hard.
"Haha! You got slapped by your wife!" Liam said childishly and I rolled my eyes at him.
"He came across 'The Mask' and I think he became too irritating got 'The Mask' to handle so he injected him with roofie." I repeated what the doctor had said to us.
"You caught him?" Derek asked.
"Yeah. You think I look bad? You should see him." Liam said and Derek nodded proudly and fist bumped Liam. "That's my boy." He said proudly and Mia 'nwaaa'ed them, making me laugh. "So did you find your team?"
"Not yet, I need at least five people in my team, all need amazing combat skills, and at least good technical skills, and one with amazing technical skills and good combat skills." He explained and Derek nodded.
"I may have someone with amazing technical skills...I think he would be worth a look." Derek offered and Liam nodded at him and smiled.
"Thanks man, and thank you guys for looking after Aria, I think it would be best if you stayed here tonight since it's so late." Liam said to them and they looked like they would protest.
"It's passed midnight, I insist." I said and they agreed, so I showed them to their room, Liam's old room, they thanked us and headed off to bed with Jace. Liam carried Aria into her room and put her to bed, tucking her in and giving her a kiss goodnight.
We headed off to bed, but I couldn't seem to fall asleep, but Liam was already fast asleep.
I didn't want to disturb him so I took my sketch pad that I haven't used in a while and went outside, sketching what I saw in front of my eye, not the literal things in front of me, but the memories that came out like photos in front of me.
This 'memory photo' was of Liam standing in front of me, protecting me from the paparazzi after I came out of the hospital.
I drew his dark menacing eyes that showed a promise of trouble if I were to be hurt. My hand taking over and just drawing. I drew his lips, set sternly at the paparazzi. His messy hair. His biceps that flexed as he shielded me from the cameras.
"Hey what are you doing up? I thought you were sleeping." I jumped when I heard his voice, a small, thin, long line was put through the page.
"Liam!" I said from fright and he chuckled planting a kiss on my cheek.
"Sorry, you scared me too." He said in defense and I apologized. "So what's got you up? Are you sketching?" He asked with a smile. It has been months since I last drew and he liked it when I did. I nodded and smiled shyly. "I just couldn't sleep." I said and he opened his arms for me to come cuddle him, I came and sat on his lap and cuddled into him, taking in his scent.
"Can I tell you something?" He asked and I nodded.
"I can't wait to make you Mrs Carnes." He said and I smiled.
"The time will fly by and then...I'll be yours forever and ever. Good luck with that babe." I said and he laughed, and planted a small kiss on my forehead.
"Forever my girl."